Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need Help Identifying Mug

Pages: 1 4 replies

TT

I bought a mug at a thrift store that looks just like an Orchids of Hawaii R-3 mug except there are no "jewels" in the eyes, and this mug is 3/4 inch taller than the R-3. It is well made, but there are no markings. Any ideas of who may have made it would be appreciated. Here is a picture of the mug:

Thanks, Tam(Ed)Tiki

I had this mug awhile back but for some reason he has gone missing.... ;( weird...
Anyways here the link on OM.. http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=4015

I remember my mug looks identical, no jewels I was told it was made by Quon-Quon

TT

Beachbumz,

Thanks for the info and the link. I had looked on Ooga-Mooga before, but didn't see this one because I wasn't sure what to search for. This really does help alot.

Ed

TT

Thanks for the heads up, but the shipping alone is more than half what I paid for the mug here in Tampa. It will be interesting to see how much the thing goes for on eBay though. BTW I looked on OM and saw the Quon-Quon version, and it has holes in the eyes like the Orchids of Hawaii mug does. This one doesn't have those. Oh well, I just see it as one more mug to drink out of - regardless of its origins.

Pages: 1 4 replies