Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Dr Siegerts Angostura Bitters Bottle

Pages: 1 2 replies

A
Amiar posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2010 9:21 AM

I have a bottle that is approximately 5in tall - it looks like a miniature wine type bottle. The colour is dark green, the longish neck is sort of off centre however, across the bottom of the shoulder on the body is embossed "DR SIEGERT & SONS" and on the bottom is embossed around the edge of the base is "ANGOSTURA BITTERS" and a number in the very middle.

Does anyone have any idea about this bottle?

I inherited this bottle from my grandfather (bless his soul) along with a lot of other embossed bottles with names I have never seen or heard of before. I wonder why my granddad left them for me because though they are beautiful and he used to say "they'll be worth a lot of money one day 'monkey' a name he called me - they are so fragile and hard to look after especially now when I am a student living in a shared bedroom with 2 other students so I am wondering if anyone knows how old this bottle is and whether this one in particular is worth anything in monetary value and if so how much would it be worth?

Sorry for all da questions hope someone knows something !!! Thanks Tiki Central

H

Maybe it used to have a paper label around it. Can you post a photo of it? In the meantime, checkout these photos of some old Angostura bottles from the Cocktail DataBase.
http://www.cocktaildb.com/ingr_gallery?id=19

A
Amiar posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2010 6:58 PM

Hi, I have posted a couple of the best photos i can get right now with a phone camera. I put water in it to wash it because it still had hard substance stuck to the bottom inside and the water turned green and tastes sort of like peppermint so that is what you see in the picture however the bottle itself is the green you see at the top. There are sort of scratch or stretch marks that run horizontally around the collar of the bottle (the raised part at the top - not sure if you can see them in the photos)and the seams run

sorry it has embossed on it 'Dr JGB SIEGERT & SONS"

[ Edited by: Amiar 2010-04-29 19:07 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies