Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rum Renaissance May 5-9 in Miami

Pages: 1 4 replies

E
e33 posted on Wed, May 5, 2010 9:46 AM

Had a blast at the pre-party last night and thought I'd check in here to see if anyone I haven't met was coming to the shindig. I was surprised I couldn't find anything posted here. You can find the official details here: http://www.rumrenaissance.com/
Grand tasting passes are $65 (though I can find you a $20 off coupon) and include admission to the tasting on Saturday from 3 to 8, the Sunday pool party, a rum guide and show program.
VIP passes are are $195 and get you into the grand tasting early at 1, but also the parties hosted by various rum companies (see the schedule) starting tonight through Saturday night.

The tasting includes rums from: Abuelo, Appleton, Atlantico, Bacardi, Barcelo, Barrilito, Berkshire Mountain, Brugal, Caldas, Cartavio, Chairman's Reserve, Sgt. Classick, Clement, Cruzan, Dictador, Diplomatico, Don Q, Dos Maderas, Flor De Caña, JM, Koloa, Leblon, Mahiki, Matusalem, Montanya, Ocumare, Palo Viejo, Plantation, Pussers, Ron Llave, Seven Tiki, St. Aubin, Santa Teresa, Skipper Demerara Rum, Tommy Bahama, Vizcaya, Zacapa, Zafra, Zaya and more.

There's also a seminar by Beachbum Berry (which Chip can probably fill us in on a bit more).

And, there's some sort of tiki challenge between teams from the UK and the US. Met some of the UK team last night and they are excited to be here and looking forward to showing their skills.

If anyone's planning on being there, please let me know. I'd love to meet you. I'll probably wear my fez on Saturday so I should be easy to find.

See ya on Saturday!

Jeff is doing a book signing at the Mai Kai tomorrow from 6-8 PM. They have the $20 off coupons there if anyone needs one.

I will be there Saturday too! Can't wait!

On 2010-05-05 09:46, e33 wrote:
There's also a seminar by Beachbum Berry (which Chip can probably fill us in on a bit more).

Here are the seminars:

http://www.rumrenaissance.com/Seminars.html

Most of them run concurrently so you have to pick and choose.

The Bum is doing something dangerously close to work on Saturday at 6 pm.

Not sure which room its in, and seating is limited to 50 people.

Unfortunately I don't have much to share because Andy and I are only mix-monkeys for his presentation.

I could tell you which drinks he's serving, but that would spoil the surprise.

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2010-05-05 12:45 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies