Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hukilau 2010 Muntiki Mug and Shag Shirt

Pages: 1 26 replies

T

Received this message today from Tiki Kiliki... I ordered mine...
and thought I would pass it on... :)

The Hukilau Official Merchandise is now on sale! Shag shirts, Munktiki Mug, Hukilau 2010 pendant and previous years merch is now on sale. Go to http://thehukilau.com click on Hukilau Souvenirs and purchase your keepsake items from 2010! All are limited quantities so don't delay. ALL ITEMS BEING SHIPPED WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE SHIPPING INVOICE THAT MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO SHIPPING YOUR ITEMS. WE DO THIS SO THAT YOU ARE NOT OVERCHARGED FOR SHIPPING. ALL ORDERS WILL BE INVOICED JUNE 1 - JUNE 12 AND WE WILL BEGIN SHIPPING RIGHT AWAY!

http://thehukilau.com

T

Some of the best designs yet. And maybe the 3XL Shag will fit, unless they run on the sizer size.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, May 6, 2010 10:46 AM

Snagged 'em! Thanks.

looks nice
Was also wondering about the sizing on these.
The Disney shirts by Shag in XL run huge - any clue on the actual measurements for size?
Chest and up and down?
sweet design!

B

Ordered Mine !! Woohoo!

T

Ordered mine along with the Mug & Pendant.I was wondering the same thing about sizing.I'm a big guy so I ordered the 3xl to be on the safe side,but I might just order a 2xl and sell the one that doesn't fit.There goes another $100 (lol)

[ Edited by: Tiki-Tim 2010-05-06 16:36 ]

P
pdrake posted on Thu, May 6, 2010 5:17 PM

nice photo. :P

I just got my shirt and mugs! YAY! However...

I tried on the XL shirt and it's WAY too big for me. Did anyone get get a Large and wish they had an XL? Maybe we could trade? I literally have only worn mine for 30 seconds to try it on.

Mahalo,
Jeff

Shrink Umm.... Lot's a hot water, Dryer on High for an hour... That should do the trick..

I would never treat my vintage clothes that way... and one day, these will be vintage too! :)

So if anyone wants to trade I'm still looking for a Large.

Mahalo,
Jeff

P
phinz posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 2:17 PM

I need a large too, given that my XL is like a tent and I tried to shrink it.

sad to hear about the Xl being big -
but at the same time happy because i need it big -
time will tell

Will the online shop be reopenning soon?

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 4:12 PM

I bought a large and its LARGE on me. I wanted to wear it at Hukilau but after putting the shirt on once, decided it was just too large because it just didn't look/hang/fit right on me.

I can never win with first-run store bought shirts bought without trying them on first.

I almost always walk into a thrift and am able to wear whatever comes off the rack - I've pissed-off friends because of that! Sometimes mediums fit just right, other times mediums are too small. Most of the times I wear large, but sometimes large is too large, y'know?

Sorry guys but I can't trade for a XL or XXL. I'd trade for something smaller than L but they don't exist(?) But I understand your frustration 100%. G

Now I hope I did not order too big with an XL .

B

If you did, I'll take your XL. My wife got me one of the shirts in 2XL. We thought it was just a great design. I'm tall and I like to have plenty of room in my aloha shits, but the 2XL that she got for me fits like a dress. I thought that since it is 100% cotton it would fit after a wash. I'm sad to hear that they won't shrink when you actually need them to.

Funny, far to often the aloha shirts I like are cut too small. Reyn's 2xl is the only one that fits me perfect every time.
-Duke

I will keep that in mind Duke if mine is too large.

On 2010-06-28 16:12, TikiG wrote:
I bought a large and its LARGE on me. I wanted to wear it at Hukilau but after putting the shirt on once, decided it was just too large because it just didn't look/hang/fit right on me.

I can never win with first-run store bought shirts bought without trying them on first.

I almost always walk into a thrift and am able to wear whatever comes off the rack - I've pissed-off friends because of that! Sometimes mediums fit just right, other times mediums are too small. Most of the times I wear large, but sometimes large is too large, y'know?

Sorry guys but I can't trade for a XL or XXL. I'd trade for something smaller than L but they don't exist(?) But I understand your frustration 100%. G

Just soak it down and put it in a high heat dryer. The cotton of this shirt is so thick, it will DEFINITELY shrink down.

T

Thanks for the tip - I'll try this tonight. G

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 29, 2010 11:00 PM

GROG receive GROG XL shirt today and it fit like tent. :(

The mug is quite impressive! Huge and beautiful. Props to Munktiki once again. Beware: I almost didn't spot the 2 swizzle sticks at the bottom of my box. :o

Hi guys, we are totally willing to work with you on sizes and exchanges. Please send me an email to [email protected] if you have any questions. Of course we'll do anything to make you happy. We cannot, however, exchange if you have already washed the shirt. Please email me right away, some of you already have and I really appreciate you letting me know.

Are there any L or XL shirts available for purchase?

R

is the store going to open again ???are there any mugs left??

Ok received my mugs and shirt today .Both are awesome .The shirt fits very big ,and
I need an Large instead of an XL .If any one has just the opposite situation and
bought a Large and needs an XL ,I may be your guy.I will email Christie .

the link to order seems to be down becasue i cant get into the site i want to order a shirt

link???that works? i'm guessing that the site is not rebooted yet?

Pages: 1 26 replies