Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

A couple big Tikis

Pages: 1 15 replies

A

After taking some time off, I carved up a couple freshies. "MEGATIKI" is 8' and "IRIE WARRIOR" is 5'5". A guy bought MegaTiki and wanted a "similar" tiki to keep him company. What do you think? Any tips or suggestions? I have a couple more 6' big logs ready to rock.

8' log...loaded by myself, not a biggie!

MegaTiki preburned

MEGATIKI

5'5" log

Irie Warrior preburned

IRIE WARRIOR

[ Edited by: AZSteveR 2010-05-06 15:39 ]

T

that is a whole lotta head!!

S

Nice! love the size of these logs.

Very Cool!! What kind of wood did you use?

W

Carve deeper

B

Nice Starter Tikis, Giant logs which look like Cabbage/Sable Palm logs. Are you in Florida, Where? Love the shots of you on top of the tiki's
As WPlugger said, "Carve Deeper" , get that mouth Way Open and that nose stuck out there, give him some Deep features. Still tikis to be Proud of!

B

SIZE DOES MATTER !!! I am with BEN .... what kind of palm is that?. Looks like Florida cabbage palm on steroids.

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2010-05-09 12:26 ]

Thanks guys. I will definitely work on carving deeper on my next ones. I'm still a novice and I'm trying to get better. I was lucky to find a huge dead Mexican fan palm in an empty lot from which I got an 8', and two 5.5' logs from! It's crazy how good some of the people are on here. Yowza!

[ Edited by: AZSteveR 2010-05-10 12:25 ]

B

Just keep practicing ant you'll be a Killer Karver too!

T

Those are pretty clean cuts. What are you carving with right now?

Thanks! I'm actually just using a few crappy home depot style chisels. I didn't even sand or stain, just carve and burn! When I get a bit better, I want to start using better chisels and I'd like to get crazy with design work.

P

What are you talking about?

Those things are tiny!!!

Hahahaha!!!

A

I made another, but I'm not too stoked on him. Wood was really bad so I kinda just messed around.

My first mini...

I actually think the big one looks good. Don't give up on it, I think most people have given up on one or more and came back to work on them and enjoyed the results.

A

A 6' quickie I chugged out before I move to Costa Rica. Just had to get him done, wish I had more time to go deep and add detail, but not too bad for only spending a few horas!

Holy Frack!
Them some biggins'!!

Pages: 1 15 replies