Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Quarter Round? Oceanic Arts?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha,

I was wondering if anyone knew if Oceanic Arts carried bamboo quarter round? I haven't made it over there yet. I'm looking for something for the corner walls in my tiki room. Y'all have motivated me to get cracking on my little space. Mahalo!

Just split it yrself! It's easier than I thought it'd be.

TT

I'm not sure I understand completely what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to cover an inside corner just use a full round. I use a 3 inch pole tight in the corner and then a 3/4 inch on either side. I think it looks pretty good. Check out some of my pictures. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36330&forum=20&31&PHPSESSID=83d1477564f099284b07fd62fa40232c

How were you going to attach a quarter round?
Lets see some pictures

Best of luck

Hi Chrisandsarahb!
I hope you're having fun with it!
I agree with Slacks and Tuna. If you want something that thin/narrow, you'll likely need to split it yourself (although the smaller you go, the more prone it will be to splitting in a funky way and the more unwieldy and difficult it will be to hide irregularities).

Try it on a scrap piece and see what you think -- just be sure to wear gloves and take care because the split edges will be shaaaaaarp.

Asthetically (and logically from a simulated 'hut' standpoint :) ), it really does look and work great to use a half or a whole pole and possibly border that with some 1/4 or 1/2 inch diameter bamboo pole trim if necessary (or if you like the look better).

Good luck and have fun :)
John

Ahh, I didn't think to use whole bamboo. Brilliant! Thanks gang, I'll try that route.

Pages: 1 4 replies