Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 5-12-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

The theme this week was once again exotica and exotica-tinged music. Unfortunately, someone who was at the board before me left the controls in an unfamiliar configuration so there were a few glitches here and there that don’t normally occur during my broadcasts, but I hope you enjoyed the music anyway.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: May 12, 2010

1. The Maurice Ravel composition “La Danse” performed by Hot Lips Page & His Orchestra from the collection: Hot Lips Page-Jump for Joy!

2. “Sand” by Benny Rogers from the CD: Legends of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar

3. “Booly-Ja-Ja” by Teddy Wilson from the collection: Early Session Hop

4. “Polynesian Dreams” from the CD: The Exoticating Waves of Tiki Joe’s Ocean by Andy Nazzal

5. “No Ke Ano Ahiahi” by the Sons of Hawaii from the CD anthology: The Panini Collection

6. “Hana Maui” by Chick Floyd & His Orchestra from his 1959 LP: Little Grass Shack, taken from the CD collection: Ultra-Lounge Mondo Exotica – Mysterious Melodies & Tropical Tiki Tunes

7. “Tropical” from the anthology: Taboo – The Greatest Hits of Arthur Lyman – The Sensual Sounds of Exotica, Recorded at the Henry J. Kaiser Aluminum Geodesic Dome, Honolulu

8. “All Quiet Flows the Don” from the Don Tiki Adulterated, the music of Don Tiki massaged and macerated by 8FatFat8

9. “Stone God” from the CD collection: The Exotic Sounds of Martin Denny

10. “Jungle Drums” from the CD: Bongo Rock – The Very Best of Preston Epps (Born in Oakland/Recorded 1959-1965)

11. “Colon” from the LP: The Savage Beat of Augie Colon, taken from the CD: Bongoland – Spicy Latin Licks – Hot Voodoo Chicks

12. “Tamburitza Boogie” by Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five from the CD box set of the same name/Disc E: 1949-50

13. “L’Ours Chinois” by the Waitiki from their CD: Rendezvous in Okonkuluku

14. “Chinito Chinito” by Ry Cooder from his CD: Chavez Ravine

15. “Durga Puja” by DJ Cheb I Sabbah from his CD: Maha Maya

Pages: 1 0 replies