Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls at Dukes, HB, May 19th Presented by Hurley and HSS

Pages: 1 7 replies

DUKE'S BIG WEDNESDAY presented by Hurley and HSS

The Hula Girls are playing Dukes, HB, NEXT Wednesday! We're gonna do a stripped down version of the band on Wed night. It's gonna be like the OLD days of The Smokin' Menenhunes. Just me, Lucas Vigor on the upright, and Bonger on the steel guitar. Maybe we'll try out some of the old hapa haole stuff that we used to do.

This is a benefit to support The Huntington Beach Life Saving Association. So come down and by drinking yourself stupid, you may be saving thousand of lives (indirectly, kinda)....

The Hula Girls play at 8:30-ish.

Spike,

I will be there.
I used to go to the Big Wednesdays there back in the early 2000s
when they had The Eliminators there.

ask them if they want them back sometime,
or any other surf bands.

Or hell, I'd be happy if it was you guys too.
:wink:
Jeff(btd)

manyana

Heading on over to Duke's, HB. We play at 8:30. Come have a cocktail. Watch the sunset. I'll sing to you. Aloha.

R

Good show last night boys. You know you're rockin when they shut you down for being too loud.

Way to keep it real.

Yeah, that was super weird.... Pictures???

Don't worry Spike, it happens to the best of us.

Thanks, Jim.... Yeah, we still got paid and everything...it's just not really about that for me... It's about loading up the gear, driving over, unloading, and only getting to play three songs... You know what I'm talking about...

Well, we'll be SUPER loud at The Tiki Bar NEXT Friday with the guys that played with us at The Galaxy. Brandin and Kessler with me and Dom. It's our fill-in bassist's graduation party. We're going on at 8:30 and playing for an hour. Vikki Tafoya is on right after us. Her voice is AMAZING!

Pages: 1 7 replies