Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Female Trader Vic's Salt & Pepper shakers???

Pages: 1 9 replies

Greetings Fellow Tikiheads,
My first visit and post here.
Excuse if this has been answered but I could not find it.
A while back I saw an Ebay listing for a set of FEMALE Trader Vic Salt & Pepper shakers but the listing vaporized quickly and I've never seen any since.
So my fellow Tiki's, do these FEMALE versions actually exist or was this just a ruse?
If so does anyone have a set they'd be willing to part with?
My growing collection of 40+ could use a little of the female persuasion in the mix if you know what I mean.
Any knowledge or direction in this search would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bikedawg

[ Edited by: Bikedawg 2010-05-18 18:20 ]

B

I guess I should be impressed as a newbie here and to pop a question that has gotten 100+ views and not a single response. I was really hopeing to hear that someone could have told me that these exist but due to the lack of response I get the feeling it was a bogus listing and I've been chasing a red herring. I wish I had copied the photos but I'll jsut have to hold out hope. Thanks,

H

Have you looked at the salt and pepper shakers listed on Ooga-Mooga?
http://tinyurl.com/2dza4l4

There are only two styles listed as being from Trader Vic's and neither looked female. Maybe you can browse through all of the other S&Ps listed and find a match for what you once saw on Ebay.

T

I have the male ones.
AND the Hermaphrodite ones.
But no female ones.

Ok that was a joke.
Don't get pissed.
And welcome to TC.

I would not think there are Male and Female Or Hermaphrodite versions.
But if I could get only one pair it would be Hermaphrodite ones for sure.

C

There are ceramic Trader Vic's Menehune S&P shakers.
a set of 1 girl & 1 boy that look like the rubber menehune dolls that come in the Menehune Juice.
I don't know if they are on ooga-mooga or not, but I have a pair so I know they exist.

Thank you gracious responders and Tikiphiles.
I suspected those Female Trader Vic S&P's might not be "real" and I think the "Tribe" has spoken.
I did like the hermaphrodite joke BTW.
I also have a couple of the vinyl female Menehune and know of them.
But I've got to say that that photo was convincing, I just wish I'd copied it before it vaporized. The ad did mention something about being rare, I think nonexistent is closer. I had looked over at ooga mooga but came up empty on it too. The experts have opined and I think I need to go on with my life now. There will be other searches I' sure. I appreciate finding Tiki Central's forum and being able to reach out and get some answers.I'm impressed with others abilities to post photos et all on here, I've not figured it out yet.
i'd like to add that
Thanks again,
BD

[ Edited by: Bikedawg 2010-05-28 11:26 ]

[ Edited by: Bikedawg 2010-05-28 11:48 ]

On 2010-05-18 19:54, tikiskip wrote:
But if I could get only one pair it would be Hermaphrodite ones for sure.

Why would you need a pair?? If you shake a single hermaphrodite shaker it should come out with perfect ratio
of salt TO pepper. :D

Anyways, many sellers on the Bay can't tell between male and female or tiki and African totem.
My Luau shakers are more female than my TV shakers. As their pecs are more apparent.
I know mine are catching up to my wife's. :)

T

Bikedawg:

I actually saw a female TV shaker a long time ago on e-bay. Basically a traditional Trader Vic shaker but with boobs. It seemed odd but I didn't think much of it. Except that I've never seen one since. Should have bid more then $10 for it! Luckily I printed the listing as a PDF and have a picture of the shaker.

So you're right, it does exist.

P.S. The listing was from 2005 and it went for $13.50 to 1961Surf. Hopefully he can dig it out and post a better picture.

B

Tattoo, thank you for that!
So my eyes and memory are not failing me at least yet.
There are Female TV Salters, rare beyond rare but they do exist!
I now will have to renew my quest to acquire one (or two) with vigor.
My collection of maybe 30+ TV Salters are looking forward to some company of the female persuasion some day, like any male.
I've also saved your photo so I can "prove" the existence.
Thanks again,
BD

B

On 2010-06-01 06:03, Bikedawg wrote:
Tattoo, thank you for that!
So my eyes and memory are not failing me at least yet.
There are Female TV Salters, rare beyond rare but they do exist!
I now will have to renew my quest to acquire one (or two) with vigor.
My collection of maybe 30+ TV Salters are looking forward to some company of the female persuasion some day, like any male.
I've also saved your photo so I can "prove" the existence.
Thanks again,
BD

I didn't realize you and Lucas Vigor were pals! hehe

Pages: 1 9 replies