Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 5-19-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

The theme this week was once again exotica and exotica-tinged music. I will be away next week, but you should be able to hear on May 26 a rebroadcast of my February 24 show, assuming the folks at the station follow my instructions and put it up! I will broadcast live once again on June 2 and have some surprises in store for this summer, including a history of the ukulele and the steel guitar, a blues show and a jazz-filled summer themed show.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: May 19, 2010

1. “Waialae” by Gabby Pahinui from the The Panini Collection

2. “Haole Beach Sunset” by the Waitiki from their CD: Rendezvous in Okonkuluku

3. “Drums of the Islands/Waterfall” from the recording: Heke Wale No – Only the Best of the Makaha Sons, with Moon, John and Jerome Makaha

4. “Poho Moku” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from their latest CD: Swingin’ Sounds for the Jungle Jetset!

5. “Honolulu” by the Wiki Waki Woo from their CD: Souvenirs

6. “Exotica ’97” from the CD: The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki (With Martin Denny on piano)

7. “On Green Dolphin Street & Hernando’s Hideaway” by Martin Denny from the collection: Bongoland – Spicy Latin Licks – Hot Voodoo Chicks

8. “New Steal” by Bob Brozman, Mike Auldridge & David Grisman from the CD: Tone Poems III – The Sounds of Great Slide & Resophonic Instruments

9. “Pineapple Express” by Na Leo from their CD: Where I Live There Are Rainbows

10. “Sliding Sands” by Riley Lee and Jeff Peterson from their CD: Haleakala

11. “Linda Manigua” by Sidestepper from their album: More Grip

12. “African Flower” the Duke Ellington tune performed by the local Washington group, The Duende Quartet

13. “I Get a Kick Out of You” by Felix Slatkin From the 1959 LP: Felix Slatkin Conducts Fantastic Percussion, taken from the CD collection: Ultra-Lounge Space Capades – Atomic-Age Audities and Hi-Fi Hi-Jinks

14. “Puente Doble” by Robert Drasnin from the CD: Voodoo II – More Exotic Sounds of Robert Drasnin

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-05-21 22:56 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies