Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tikis in Memphis

Pages: 1 3 replies

TB

Bonjour :)
I would need to know if anybody can tell me if in Memphis there is any tiki place? restaurant, bar, and shop.
I have my best friend goes to visit graceland for her birthday?!! sooo lucky!! :wink:
and I want her to bring me back some tiki stuff.
Merci :wink:
Baï

Bai -

Aloha! Unfortunately, you aren't going to find any great tiki bars in Memphis. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Some folks refer to Automatic Slim's Tonga Room as a tiki bar/restaurant (83 2nd Street, right across from the Peabody Hotel). Honestly, it is a very loose association. But, the restaurant is actually more Caribbean with its influences and not in the category of what you would consider "tiki." The place is fun, quirky, serves delicious food and very potent cocktails. The service is up and down, but give the place a try.

By the way, there is an even better Thai restaurant around the corner from Automatic Slim's. Just in case!

thank you for your answer :wink: looks like you're right... since I see a lot of tiki centralist look the post but don't answer :wink:
anyway.. now my question is.. i'm looking for a tiki bob mug if anyone have one to sale please contact me. I want make my friend a surprise and offer her the mug.. so please contact me :)
thank you,
Baï

On 2010-05-22 10:59, Tiki Baï wrote:
thank you for your answer :wink: looks like you're right... since I see a lot of tiki centralist look the post but don't answer :wink:
anyway.. now my question is.. i'm looking for a tiki bob mug if anyone have one to sale please contact me. I want make my friend a surprise and offer her the mug.. so please contact me :)
thank you,
Baï

Just in case: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tiki-Bobs-San-Francisco-Tiki-Mug-/320533794693?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa14d8f85#ht_500wt_947

Pages: 1 3 replies