Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Post Your Tiki Wedding Photos Here

Pages: 1 24 replies

I know many here have tied the knot, jumped over the broom, etc., Tiki-style.
How's about posting some photos?
Mahalo.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2010-05-24 07:56 ]

I was hoping for "real" photos, but here are some "real" photos from the net:

J

Where's the "Tiki-style" in those pictures? Hawaiian-themed maybe, perhaps Poly-Pop but I don't see the Tiki. Something like is probably what you were looking for.

In my opinion true Tiki-style is not appropriate for weddings. Tiki is supposed to be about escapism and getting in touch with your inner primitive soul. The ancient Polynesians practiced "free love" not monogamy. Tiki-style to me is about living the free and single Space-age bachelor pad life style just like Hef did. Please reference pages 152 and 153 of your "Tiki Modern". Plus were wives even allowed in the mid-century Tiki rumpus room?

P.S. ( :D )

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-05-24 10:33 ]

C

ok so not "tiki style" but this is a photo from our vow renewal in Kauai

A

This kind of topic still reminds me of Tiki-bot and Mrs.Pineapple at Oasis 3. Although it feels a little intrusive somehow to post about someone else's wedding, and now. Anyway, I bet there are pics from that somewhere in the Oasis 2003 photo thread.

Also in 2003, we had a sort of tiki-themed wedding party in the Luau Room of the Reef restaurant in Long Beach. We may not have gotten in touch with our inner primitive souls, but we had a blast. Two pics I have handy:

-Randy

We're about 18 days away from our Tiki wedding at Don the Beachcomber...so no pics yet, but here's a sneak peek at the invites. Drawing is by Eric October (tobunga).

More info about the wedding can be found at http://www.tikiwedding.info, which is also where we will post all the pics afterwards. We're pretty excited...no Tiki detail has been spared!

Looks like it will be the time of your lives, man. Congratulations to you and best wishes to the bride-to-be.

J

Yes, Congratulations !! FYI, I was just kidding earlier. I didn't mean to incur any bad Mana or Ju-Ju on the upcoming event. I'm sure you'll be celebrating your 50th anniversary at Don's !!

I did see a typo on the invitation. Eric mis-spelled your name. :( I hope you didn't print them up yet.

L

Fabulous little drawings of you guys! Eric is the man :)

And I need that Tiki Bob!

On 2010-05-25 10:28, JOHN-O wrote:
Yes, Congratulations !! FYI, I was just kidding earlier. I didn't mean to incur any bad Mana or Ju-Ju on the upcoming event. I'm sure you'll be celebrating your 50th anniversary at Don's !!

I did see a typo on the invitation. Eric mis-spelled your name. :( I hope you didn't print them up yet.

None taken! And yeah, I know my name is spelled wrong on the invite, I didn't want to put my real name on there. :wink:

Here's some You Tubes of Our Wedding..WoooHooo!

http://www.youtube.com/garlandwedding

Eric October (Tobunga) is the bomb!!! This is what he did for WooHoo and I last year:

"Eric mis-spelled your name" A simple spell-check would have fixed that :lol:

We'll have to twist Babalu's arm and have him post pics of his daughter's Tiki wedding. He build a fantastic tiki altar for the event and he looked quite dashing in a tux :)

That is how the Pineappleman rolls
http://pineapplemanmrdiff.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: Pineappleman11 2010-05-25 17:56 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2010-06-16 07:07 ]

H

We didn't have a tiki wedding, but we did inject some aspects of tiki into our big night in Argentina this year:

Most of the guests had never seen, heard of, or tasted a tiki cocktail/volcano bowl - but they were a hit.

I made this special bowl with the help of Cheekytiki and inscribed it with our names and the date. Despite some minor cracking and having to carry it halfway round the world it survived and now takes pride of place in my collection. It holds a massive 4L (135 Oz) - the 4 moai also fill up - but it disappeared in a flash on the night!

Now we're looking forward to our honeymoon at Hukilau!!!

Hey, Harro. Now I know what you look like so I can find you at Hukilau!

B

Was this wedding cake made for someone on Tiki Central?

I love how the coloring goes from dark to light (going up!) The flowers are outstanding.

On 2010-05-31 12:20, harro wrote:
We didn't have a tiki wedding, but we did inject some aspects of tiki into our big night in Argentina this year:

Amazing! Congratulations!

[i]On 2010-05-26 09:11, WooHooWahine wrote:[

With Mr. Bali Hai. Congratulations!
Woo Hoo!

These are so fun! I got engaged two weeks ago and we're looking forward to incorporating tiki into our big day. There's nothing more joyful than tiki + true love. (awww...)

I will play....

Nancy & I got married in 2007
Ours was a vintage themed wedding with a Tiki reception
we asked everyone to dress up in vintage clothing, had a Jazz band
all the dinner tables were labeled with classic actors pictures & names
had a Tiki Bar serving Mai Tais, I wore Creepers with my Tux.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-28 17:01 ]

We kept our wedding 2 1/2 years ago pretty small with only close family, sequestered in the deserts of Nevada for a beautifully scenic, if brief, ceremony. My wife's aunt and uncle DID throw us a full-blown tropical shindig at their house (complete with pool party), and we had our reception of sorts at the inimitable Frankie's.

They were excellent and oh-so accommodating with cocktails and gave us the place to ourselves
for a couple hours.

We had an amazing time!

Our first dance, to the Syndicate of Sound's "Hey Little Girl" on the jukebox:

The whole fam...

...and while the wedding itself wasn't tiki (even if we're always tiki in spirit), weirdly our randomly assigned minister who married us was from Hawaii and dressed appropriately:

From Vegas we went to San Francisco for our honeymoon and hit every tiki establishment we could find (even Trader Sam's!) Here's a shot of the round of complimentary drinks the more-than-gracious staff
at the Tonga Room bought us..

Phenomenal place... one of the best! If only they'd had a different band...

--Pete

Nice nuptials.

Pages: 1 24 replies