Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

JonPez's Playground Zero - Stuff for sale!

Pages: 1 10 replies

J

Hello all...
We have been trying a few new things this year to sell off the extra stuff that my hoarding gene has caused me to collect. Tiki mugs, Hawaiian shirts, Floridana, Hawaiiana, Pez, old toys, vintage clothes, kitsch and general weird crap, just to name a few...
Some of you may be familiar with our booth at the Hukilau, so you know just how much stuff we bring to that one show, well, we have SO much more. And it has to go!

If you are on Facebook, go ahead and "like" us, if you like. We will be posting most of the items we have for sale as well as our recent finds. Any tiki stuff that we find will most likely be posted in the Tiki Finds forum here on TC as well.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orlando-FL/Playground-Zero/109451799079045

And we have been setting up an Etsy store to sell vintage-y stuff:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PlaygroundZeroDotNet

Currently, there are no tiki items in the Etsy store, 'cause everything is going to the Hukilau first! A few of the items are posted on our Facebook page, so if you see something you like, let us know and we can hold it for you (within reason, of course)...
The items that don't sell will be trickled onto Etsy (if they are "vintage"), or probably announced here if they are newer pieces.
Thanks!
JonPez

J

Here are some pictures of a few of the items we will have on sale at the Hukilau.
We have more mugs, over a dozen Coco-Joes, Witco and we have over 200 shirts and dresses.

Some choice items there, Jon. I still don't own that specific Steve Crane mug! And who did the Nr 2 Marquesan mug, and that elongated two-head bowl, they must be new? Never saw those before, nice!

J

Thanks!
The Marquesan mug is a recent Scott "Flounder" Scheidly design and is a limited-edition mug from his Bold Hype show.
The wooden elongated piece is pretty old. It's actually very narrow (bad pic, I guess), more like an incense burner. I was using it for business cards.
We are hoping to have the Steve Crane mug as a raffle piece at the Hukilau.

J

Along with the tiki mugs and Hawaiian shirts, we will also have some Floridana and Hawaiiana for sale...

And here are a few of the mugs, including the 2003 Hukilau Limited Edition Shag mug...

Make sure you stop by our booth at the Hukialu and say howdy!!

J
JonPez posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2010 5:35 PM

Just getting ready for the Hukilau and thought I'd throw some pics up of some of the great mens shirts we have available. There are many, many more. but I thought these were some of the most attention-grabbing...

These are Mediums:

These are Large:

Let me know if you want a description or a larger pic. All these are available for sale next weekend at the Hukilau, but if you are going, we can hold them for you. Anything that doesn't sell will probably go on our Etsy sale page over the next few weeks/months.
Oh, and don't forget to "like" us on Facebook (link in first post)! We announce all our finds and sales there as well as here on TC!

J

And how about a nice jacket to wear to the Mai-Kai?

Or, since Shag will be there, get one of his harder to find shirts!

We take PayPal!!! Save your cash for rum drinks!

JonPez
http://www.playgroundzero.net/
------_-

[ Edited by: jonpez 2010-07-26 09:18 ]

Hey nice stuff! I will definitely check you out at the Hukilau this weekend! I hope to be vending there next year!

H
harro posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2010 12:56 PM

sweet jackets and some of those shirts are nice too.
Look forward to meeting you in a few short days!!
cheers.

J
JonPez posted on Wed, Jun 9, 2010 2:23 AM

Final count: just over 300 articles of clothing! The racks are packed with shirts and dresses (from the 50s to today), jackets, swimsuits (including a wonderful Alfred Shaheen number) and a bunch of matching his & hers outfits for that wedding or Mai-Kai event (whichever is more important)...
That with the 5 bins of mugs and ephemera and original art, we will have one full booth!

Come see the Sarong-o-Rama fashion show, where close to 30 pieces of our best swag will do their little turn on the catwalk, the catwalk, the catwalk.

Updates will be posted to our Facebook business page during the event, so be sure to "like" us there so you can be updated as it goes. Hope to see you all there!

J

Posted my newest acquisition to eBay over the weekend, a rare complete copy of the Hawaiian Eye board game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320566012578

I'll be posting more items on eBay and on my Etsy page in the next few days...
Thanks for looking!

Pages: 1 10 replies