Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Identify this tiki mug!

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

I just bought this sexy little fella on Ebay for the bargain price of $6.99. Any clue on where he came from? I don't have him yet as he is in transit... so I can't tell you if he has any identifying marks - the seller didn't list any.

M

Hiya fish,
El Primo score, indeed. I have seen that mug before, believe it is an OMC product. Someone recently posted a pic of the mug and said they own one from "Fireside Inn, Wisconsin". I have seen the mug in many collections, not ours!, but never marked.

At $7 US that is a nice price, I have seen it go for a whole lot more on Ebay. Ebay prices have stalled, but still a very nice price.

Speaking of things cheap on Ebay, we can't get a bid with a fistful of pardons during visiting hours at the joint:

Cousin Larry needs bail money, please help

T

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3551&forum=1

I just noticed that Sabu had previously posted this VERY SAME PICTURE of the mug from it's Ebay auction before I found it with the quote 'perhaps you will find one of these someday soon'.

Damn, that is cool. Cryptic tiki treasure hunt messages left for the masses!

T

Speaking of not getting bids, I wonder if my last auctions did so badly because people were afraid of getting my SARS in the mail? Damn, if they're not boycotting us for not going to Iraq, it's the damn Sars. A Canadian can't get a break these days!!!

But why am I complaining? I still got the preciousss mug. Must have the preciousssss!

W

A Canadian can't get a break these days? I just saw on the CBC tonight some heavy crowing about the rise of the Canadian dollar...It's up to 37 cents American or something. You'll be rolling in it soon enough, Ms 'fish.

M

I like this interesting little fellow. Although it looks like that curvy pointy top would make him hard to drink out of. I think a good straw might be in order for this one. Here's a picture of the same mug (different auction) with views of the back, side, and bottom. The Otagiri/OMC sticker is clearly visible on this one. I've seen these go for over $50 in the past...nice score.

ModMana :drink:

Pages: 1 5 replies