Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

LavaPalooza....Tiki does Rock?

Pages: 1 2 replies

(whoops, misplaced this under general tiki...so I moved it)

This amuses me...I know you purists will probably be horrified, but I can't wait to pick up a copy of this CD

Waikiki's lazy laid-back lounge singer Johnny Aloha performs tiki-style Hawaiian music versions of popular rock and rap songs. Imagine Don Ho singing Weezer and you've got the picture.

His debut CD, "Lavapalooza," which was produced by Vegas lounge legend Richard Cheese, will be released on Coverage Records in Summer 2010. The album includes tiki/exotica/slack-key arrangements of hits like "Paradise City," "Cruel Summer," "Gangsta's Paradise," "Island In The Sun," "Thong Song," "Pocketful Of Sunshine," and "Last Resort."

From his headlining gigs at Honolulu hotels to his surprise performances at Tiki Bars around the world, Johnny Aloha has become famous for his casual crooning, his stylish Hawaiian shirts, and his perpetual pursuit of the perfect pina colada.

http://www.johnnyaloha.com/

Lounge verson of "Baby's Got Back" and "I Used to Love Her"!!! :lol: I think that was Richard Cheese though, I didn't find any Johnny Aloha samples.

I love Richard Cheese....he's even better live...LOL! can't wait to hear tiki-fied instead of lounge-afied

Pages: 1 2 replies