Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Québec

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha Everyone

This subject have been discussed a little, but there is more stuff to add. Put here all the things you have from Québec, (Céramique de Beauce, Discs, Kon tiki, Marie-Antoinette...)

I begin by a disc of a Québec crooner, Michel Louvain. The photo was taken a the Kon tiki.

Aloha!

[ Edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2010-05-29 12:00 ]

V

Very nice cover. Never heard of this LP.

Hello!

A classic... The Moai mug of Céramique de Beauce numbered 1952 and poduced in 1965.

Bye!

Aloha!

For those who remember, I posted a message about about the Tahiti chain in Marie-Antoinette restaurants in Québec with picture of swizzles.

Well, I found another one, but he is different.

I am shure that it was used in Québec tiki bar or restaurant, because the André Boivin company was little and there many more companies that could have produced a swizzle for the Tonga Lei in USA.

Does anyone have ever heard about a Tonga Lei in Québec?

Bye,
Tiki Québec

[ Edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2012-01-12 08:28 ]

Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to present my new finds concerning the pop-polynesian trend in Québec!

Motel Cardin, in Drummondville, Québec. This place was shut down recently. There is now an hardware store on the site... (777 Boulevard Saint-Joseph, Drummondville, Québec)

I can see two Witco? statues, a rock wall and an outrigger canoe.

Here is a better view of the place:

Now, Motel Lido, in Montréal, Québec (5905 Boulevard Métropolitain Est)

This place looked very cool. The motel is still in operation, but I don't know if they have a polynesian bar. According to style of the new establishement, I think that they decided to change the decor.

Close look:

Here we go with two vintage matchcovers from the Marie-Antoinette chain:

I think that they are pretty rare to find in California ! :wink:

What is strange is that they used the same logo as Le Mon-Tiki in Mont-Laurier, Québec.

A postcard from the rock wall:

Le Mon-Tiki was a really cool place. It was a club attached to a restaurant called Salle à manger Tropicana

Mont-Laurier is located in the Laurentides region of Québec, a place where two other tiki locations of Québec are still in operation.

Le Luau in Sainte-Adèle:

Aloha in Saint-Jérôme:

Bye,

TikiQuébec

Aloha!

Just a few matchcovers from Québec!

Chez Parée Hawaiian lounge (that's a really cool one!)

Disco-Club Pamalou in Valleyfield. That cover is not so old, but the Moai graphic is great.

And finally Club Bali-Hai from Montréal (I think Dustycajun already shown that one)

Take care!
TikiQuébec

J

It looks like a lot of the places you mention are missing from Critiki. You should see about adding them there.
http://critiki.com/destinations/?region_id=6&country_id=2&state_id=20

Le Club Mon Tiki

Hello all!

JenTiki, that would be a godd idea to add them. I never used Critiki, so if someone is familiar with it, I have no problem in sharing the images under my name.

Tiki Shaker, nice postcard from the Mon-Tiki! Cool wall.

Just wanted to show you a pic of my Beauce collection.

My recent find is the Easter Island Volcano. A really rare piece made in the 1960's for the Marie-Antoinette chain.

The coconut is also a great piece.

Aloha,
TikiQuébec

[ Edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2016-06-21 05:28 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2016-06-21 05:30 ]

Nice glazes on those Moai mugs - thanks for posting them. :)

Pages: 1 9 replies