Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Edmonton - Scavenger Hunt

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello.....

Sigh...

I am involved in Edmonton's' Corporate Challenge scavenger hunt.

And one of today's clues is:

"Original receipt from the Tiki Tiki restaurant"

It does not say which city...lol. does anyone want to help.

I can arrange for shipping at my cost.

Thanks

The other two clues are just as hard.. a "Surfboard" and "Woodward's Junior Ski School badge from 1976/77" - that last one... i have no idea.

Hi MirraLee,
Tiki Tiki's Edmonton location closed over 20 years ago, so I doubt anyone still has a receipt from the place. Even if they did for some reason, I'd imagine it would be unreadable. That and the Woodward's Ski School badge seem unreasonably hard for a corporate scavenger hunt! Are they always next-to impossible?! Still, I'd wait for some of the other locals to chime in before closing the case...

I agree - those two items seem very difficult if not near impossible. Try the owner of Populuxe (a store on 124th street - it's open on Fridays & Saturdays) - he has a personal history with the Tiki Tiki.

Good luck. Let us know if you have any success.

T

That sure does seem like a long shot. Hell, if I had one I wouldn't pass it up anyway! LOL
You did say it was a "Clue". Does that mean the clue is the receipt or does it eman something else?
what is on a receipt? Sure the stuff purchased but also the name of the restaurant, the address, phone number? Maybe something else is being looked for?

Kind of interested in Why this specific item from a long gone restaurant. Let us know!!
TabooDan

I have a stub ( bottom of the guest cheque) with the name and address but ,not for loan .
just adding to the post ( allready talked to this dude on connect to Edmonton site)

On 2011-04-14 01:46, Hlkuasd wrote:
What is a list of good Scavenger Hunt ideas?
I want a LONG list of really good, original but not costly scavenger hunt ideas.

That's cool, because because I research, write and sell LONG lists of really good, original but not costly scavenger hunt ideas. $5 per item, a minimum of 30 items per list, pay in advance.

(Just kidding... I don't do anything of the sort. Welcome to TikiCentral Hikuasd.)

I made a hunt a couple years ago. Not really tiki related though but you can see the list at
https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=2615346816&v=info

We used to do scavenger hunts on Holidays, one year we had an old lady and a live cat as items to be brought back.

Tikifish has a scavenger hunt list on her website.

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2011-04-14 08:41 ]

As much as I hate to admit this....one of my past guilty pleasures was watching Viva La Bam on MTV. They did a scavenger hunt that was inappropriate and downright hiLARious. I found the list of items here...

http://forums.comingsoon.net/archive/index.php/t-22488.html

Pages: 1 9 replies