Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ooga-Mooga down?

Pages: 1 44 replies

E

I haven't been able to access Ooga-Mooga since Monday - is anyone else having trouble?

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2010 10:46 AM

I just tried to log on...no luck either.

S

Ditto.

P
phinz posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2010 3:08 PM

+1.

No Ooga Mooga for me.

B

Ooga Mooga, What's that??? :wink:

R

no mooga..

S

NO MO OOGA TOODAY R 'DA DAY PAST

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2010 6:05 PM

its like it doesn't exist

M

I'll ask Humu what's up...

E
ebtiki posted on Tue, Jun 1, 2010 9:45 PM

O-M is back up!

W

OH THANK GAWD!

We now return to our previously scheduled societal collapse and environmental disasters, already in progress.

U

Is Ooga Mooga down again? I keep getting this message:

Software error:

Can't locate DBConnector.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../perl-bin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at index.cgi line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at index.cgi line 20.

B

Down.....
Humuhumu is on it though...

I bet it'll be up in just a few more mai tai's....

and if not, then a few more....:wink:

H

I bet it'll be up in just a few more mai tai's....

and if not, then a few more....:wink:

bbbbut, all my Rum is gone....

H

Aloha folks -

The server host is having a very hard time dealing with Tiki Central's image files, because of the way they are stored. From what we can tell, the host doesn't have a way to put the image file problem on hold to allow the other files to be restored. This has meant that all my sites are stuck in this weird limbo, and there's no estimate for when my sites will come back up. I am so sorry -- you have no idea how upset I am about this. I haven't even had access to the directories where my sites are stored, so I haven't been able to put them into maintenance mode and communicate with folks about what's going on. Color me pissed.

The good news, though, is that all the data is fine. Everything will be restored. It's just taking an inexcusably long time.

Ooga-Mooga, Critiki, and the rest of my sites are getting the hell away from this server host as soon as the host finishes the restore.

Humuhumu

Whatever it takes, however severe, you will NEVER hear any complaints from me.

I wish you the best of luck! This stuff is NOT easy!

It looks like Ooga-Mooga and Critiki are down.

LT

I can get in.

Maybe it's me

T

Ooga-Mooga is up but Critiki isn't coming up for me.

M

Critiki is down unless you hit one of the "inside" pages first. Try http://critiki.com/destinations/ and you're in!

M

I noticed that Ooga Mooga was down for some time yesterday and today.

Also, the email notifications for messages and wishlist matches don't appear to be working. At least not for me, do they work for anyone else?

LT

On 2011-10-04 20:20, MauiHowie wrote:
Critiki is down unless you hit one of the "inside" pages first. Try http://critiki.com/destinations/ and you're in!

That works for me. However, when trying to view "all images", I can only see the first 3 and can't scroll to see the others. Is it me?

S

Ooga-mooga is all FAIL for me today.

For me too, different error than I was getting yesterday:

Software error:
Can't locate DBConnector.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../perl-bin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at index.cgi line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at index.cgi line 20.

Mobile version working...

R

ooga-mooga still down?? i can't get on anywhere now..

M

yes it's still down 10/08/11

TT

I heard from Humuhumu that there was a hacking on the server that happened on Sunday. However, although it's going to be a pain in the butt to get up and running again, she assures me that they did not access the database. Also, nobody's credit card info is on the server since it's all done through Paypal. This is not a catastrophe, just a roadblock. Please be patient and she will get things unraveled and back up and running as soon as she can.

M

Tom,

Thanks for the update, it is nice to know what happend and that Humuhumu is working on it.

T

Looks like oogo-mooga and critiki are both up and running now.

aloha.

Yep, looks like they are back up. Ooga Mooga appears to be working fine, but about 10 of the "Latest Edition" templates have the pictures missing and just blue boxes in their place. Worse, it appears these pictures are actually missing from the collections of the users. This is not bad, considering what the damage could have been. Maybe Humu will be able to recover those few images, however, if you have a chance, please re-upload the images if they are in your collection. Thanks!

Okay, the missing pics from the following templates aren't coming back it doesn't look like, so if you have mugs in any of these, then please re-post your pics when you get a chance:

I'm posting them here because the "Latest Additions" category is about to turn over for the week and then you won't be able to see them all at a glance.

Tom,

Do the OM message and wish-list match notification emails work for you? (They never have for me, but I'm new to OM.)

On 2011-10-13 23:49, MikeyTiki wrote:
Tom,

Do the OM message and wish-list match notification emails work for you? (They never have for me, but I'm new to OM.)

As far as I know, those functions are working fine, but I haven't sent any messages through OM recently or had any wish matches crop up. I'll check on it, though.

E

Ooga-Mooga appears to be down again, and the email address in the error message (below) bounces back; anyone know who to contact?

Software error:
User oogamoogaweb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at /home/humuhumu/ooga-mooga.com/perl-bin/DBConnector.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at latest.cgi line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at latest.cgi line 19.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

works fine for me.

E

Still down for me ...

It was down earlier for me, but now appears to be back up and running.

S

On 2018-01-19 09:51, ebtiki wrote:
Ooga-Mooga appears to be down again, and the email address in the error message (below) bounces back; anyone know who to contact?

Software error:
User oogamoogaweb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at /home/humuhumu/ooga-mooga.com/perl-bin/DBConnector.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at latest.cgi line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at latest.cgi line 19.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Looks like too many people using it at once or possibly some sort of adverse action overwhelming the site.

My site gets this sometimes just because I'm on a basic server and it has limited resources. I hope to move to a better server this year if I can get at least one paying customer. $100 a year and no more issues. Probably not the case with Humuhumu's sites, but maybe.

Swanky is correct. The site sometimes gets maxed out with users.

The bit about "compilation aborted" means that not only were there too many users at once but that I (the admin) was trying to update or build a template and it wouldn't upload or go through (because of too many users at once).

Things eventually course correct and I go back and re-attempt my updates.

Usually traffic is bad in the early evening from 6-7 and later evening from 10-12.

Never encountered a problem at 3AM...

I keep getting a message saying Ooga Mooga has been hacked and it is hazardous to enter and none of my browsers will allow me access. Sat. March 24.

S

You're not the only one. That issue was addressed over on FB and Humu said it had something to do with WORDPRESS and the blog, which she has now removed, although she had to contact Google about it and then they had to do something which would take a little time.

Pages: 1 44 replies