Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

July 31st at Smuggler's Cove - Black Tot Day Party!

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

Mark your calendars now for a very special evening to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Black Tot Day! There will be rum specials, prizes, and surprises galore!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: martiki 2010-07-28 10:10 ]

M

Here's the details!

Don’t miss our incredible 40th Anniversary Black Tot Day Celebration this Saturday, July 31st starting at 5PM! It was 40 years ago when the last drops of the daily rum ration were poured for the sailors of the British Royal Navy. Come to Smuggler’s Cove to learn about the incredible history of rum in the Royal Navy while you enjoy the largest collection of authentic navy and navy style rums in the United States. Vintage rums including real British Royal Navy Imperial Rum poured from its original ceramic jug, and the West Coast premiere of The Black Tot – the final blended bottling of the last of the original Navy Rum Stock. Plus we’ll be cracking open a historic ceramic decanter of Pusser’s Rum to enjoy. We’ll also feature drink specials, and some fantastic giveaways courtesy of the good folks at Pusser’s. Come early- you know how busy Saturday nights get – and we’ll toast to great history, great traditions, and great rum!

I'll be there with the wife and eight (that's right.......8) others! Will try to get there early enough to actually get a seat...but then there's nothing wrong with standing and drinking is there! Planning to get a few holes punched in my Rumbustion Society card as well. See you all then!

Thanks for a great time! While I didn't personally take advantage of the Black Tot $100 pours, I did hear the bell ring at LEAST 8 or 9 times so it sounds like a lot of folks got a chance to enjoy what must have been an incredible rum! The drinks we DID partake in were perfectly crafted as usual. Great crowd and bartenders and staff where patient and friendly as always!

M

Cheers TT- that was a fun night! Glad people really got into the spirit(s) and the history of the night!

Mahalo!
Martin

Pages: 1 4 replies