Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Profile Name Change???

Pages: 1 15 replies

Does anyone know how to change your Profile Name here on TC? I did a search, and sent some PM's, but no word. My handle "chrisandsarahb" is just not working, not tiki, not cool, not hip, just, well....boring. LOL! Not that I don't love Sarah and all, but I need my own identity. Thanks gang.

Cheers,

Chris (soon to be ????????????)

I had to just create a new name & profile, no one had an answer for me back then, wish I knew of a better way.
But prepair to be treated like a newbie all over again!!!

Sometimes its like being in a Frat here.

Send a PM to tiki wahine or to hakalugi, They are active moderators and may be able to help

W

The pledges will now assume the position!

TM

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.....but goddamn we are GREAT at it!

My ex-husband did it when we got divorced. PM him: Chief Bartender.

I have heard that there is no way to change it and have your new name attached to all your old posts and threads. This idea came to mind, you could attach a signature that goes at the bottom of all your posts(some people have sayings phrases or quotes or stuff like that). In yours you could put aka chrisandsarahb or formerly known as chrisandsarahb. Then if you really wanted to show you had been around a while with 79 posts you could go over to bilge and start a thread and post away til you hit 79. Then after a year or two everyone will know you by your new name and you can remove your signature.

You could also go back an edit all your old posts to include your new name but what a pain this would be.

There is no easy remedy, they should maybe put a warning to new TCers to choose a name wisely as it will stay with you your whole Tiki life. At party's and events this is how people will know you and it is your identity.

ok hope this helps,

:)

Ugh, looks like I gotta start over from scratch, LOL!

Chris you won't be the first to change your name, people catch on pretty quick. The "formerly known..." sig-line is a good idea. You could edit the important posts to put you new name at the bottom if you really wanted. And yes, you could start a bilge thread with a explanation in the first post and 80 copy and pasted posts after - it would soon sink & be gone, your post count would would be back. (I hear rumor that the post count was not working today but don't know that for sure)

One word of caution, don't operate both user names at the same time, that's a big no-no and people here get upset by that :)

J

If you really want to change your user name, the best way is to contact Hanford using the "Contact Tiki Central" link at the bottom of the page. Be very specific in your message and make sure the subject line actually says what the message is about. I don't believe any of the other moderators have the ability to do a name change, but Hanford can.

Ditto what Jen said. I know of two people who have done it, though they offered to become a grand member to "sweeten the pot". :wink:

MT

It is indeed possible to change your Tiki Central name. Lots of people have done it, including Al-ii from Alnshelly, Tiki Kaimuki from TheDedOne, Chief Bartender from Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut, Tiki Diablo from TheChikiTiki, and others. Contact the two moderators that are mentioned above, as well as Hanford Lemoore.

The user name on all of your previous posts will be changed from "chrisandsarahb" to whatever your new name is. If your old name is in the content of posts, then of course that won't change - as in people saying "Hey chrisandsarahb, nice tiki, here's an answer to your question". It might seem slightly confusing only if someone goes back to research some old posts, but hey, the rest of us here on TC can deal with it and figure it out, and after a month or two it will be a non-issue. After the name change, you should make a post about it, and maybe put "Formerly known as chrisandsarahb" in your signature. Any ideas what you want to change your name to? :)

If you go threw with the name change now it better be a super cool one!
we are watching!
The Monitors

:D :drink: :D :tiki: :D :drink: :D :tiki: :D :drink: :D :tiki: :D

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2010 5:18 PM

I vote for: Götterdämmerung.

Chris, we'll call you Tiki Gotty for short.

Or how about.. WOTAN (all caps). FYI, he's the Norse God of Tiki (right?).

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-06-04 17:25 ]

Name changes are NEVER guaranteed. This rules over all.

Name changes are based on my whim and your reasons for changing. Ultimately I feel that you earn a name over time, and so changing it just confuses people.

While I do occasionally do it, I discourage name changes becuase it wrecks associations and typically confuses many, while satisfying only one.

However, you never know what the fuck I'm going to do.

So if you're still interested in changing names, hit me up on the contact page, and we'll see what I can do. Add in the codeword "bareknuckles" and see what happens.

CL

Something to keep in mind. Choose wisely before selecting a TC name.

When I originally chose my name, it was quickly at a whim. Someone, who's Tiki name starts with an 'H' (and no I'm not going to say who) :wink: asked me why I chose the name Coco Loco? Was it a love of Coco Lopez? Love of coconuts? etc. No, I chose my name because I like chocolate, coconut, and I'm a little crazy sometimes - and I selected it quickly. It made sense at the time.

As time went by, I discovered so many other names that would have been more clever, or more fitting, and possibly more reflective of my interest in tiki. However, at that point, I was known as Coco Loco. It kind of came to fit. So rather than attempt to change it, I lived with it, and learned to love it. Long story short. Think carefully and choose wisely when choosing a TC name, or be willing to live with it for a long time. It's not always up for change. :)

Pages: 1 15 replies