Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Hanging Loose all over the place with the Pineappleman

Pages: 1 28 replies

I thought I'd start a thread of one of my favorite camera poses.....Add yours as well....The Pineappleman loves to Hang Loose everywhere he goes.....It is fun to just Hang Loose.

Hanging Loose in LA

Hanging Loose in the backyard by the firepit

Hanging Loose at a Carshow in Seal Beach

Hanging Loose while Shopping

Hanging Loose in Santa Monica

Hanging Loose with the Sharks ---Be Careful

Hangin Loose Mad Hatter Style

Hanging with the King

Hanging Loose with Fat Santa Claus

I let it Hang Loose during a 5K

Hanging Loose with the Wife on the beach in Maui

Hanging Loose Hardcore in a Snuggie at The Ren Faire

Hanging Loose with Pirate

HOW and WHERE do you like to Hang Loose????

http://pineapplemanmrdiff.blogspot.com/

awesome!

Are you SERIOUS??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude, DELETE, before others see this!

love the hanging loose in a snuggie...made me bust out laughing!

UB

I figured you're just waitin' for a phone call.

T

Are you following in the footsteps of Willdsville Man?

I met a big Mexican man who looked more Polynesian, said when he went to Hawaii the locals treated him like a king. Haoles got 6 shrimp, he got like 18 on his plate. They told him to hang loose sign low, not high. hmmm.

Thanks Ben
4WDTiki-----Can't you tell how serious I am by the expression on my face
Polynesiac------There is nothing more free than Hanging it Loose in a Snuggie
That was from the Snuggie Cult I was founder of a few years ago---Alas the Cult didn't catch on...Despite much effort
My Failed Cult effort are here
http://menofsnuggiethepeoplessnuggiefront.blogspot.com/

Unga Bunga-----I was waiting for a call but couldn't get reception

Tikipug----I wasn't trying to follow in footsteps---just looked up his page though and I like his style.....
I was just looking through some pics and realized I had a bunch of Hang Loose photos that might make a funny post----and thought the Hang Loose was more Tiki than my Double Gun point that I must of picker up from too many Love Boat Episodes

I can Throw it on a Jetski

Or while I'm busting Ghosts

Or just out and about with Tiki Folks

It's SnuggieTime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xULvFZRVLEY

If they have a pajama party this year at Tiki Oasis it's on

On 2010-06-03 14:59, pineapple man wrote:
Does anyone know how to change your Profile here on TC? I did a search, and sent some PM's, but no word. My handle is just not working, not tiki, not cool, not hip, just, well....boring. LOL! Not that I don't love myself and all, but I need my own identity. Thanks gang.
Cheers,

I always thought the red Snugly looked very "Pope-ish". But I think for a full spirit-freeing effect it should be worn regimental style, or as they say in France "sansskivvy"

B

On 2010-06-05 09:13, MadDogMike wrote:
I always thought the red Snugly looked very "Pope-ish". But I think for a full spirit-freeing effect it should be worn regimental style, or as they say in France "sansskivvy"

I think the Snuggies are built in such a way that should anyone go regimental (love that one since high school where our pipers/drummers went regi in their kilts!) it would have the hospital gown effect (did I use the correct spelling there - affect/effect?)! :o

J

I'm not sure if it's appropriate for mainland Haoles to use the Shaka sign. Isn't that like white suburban kids flashing faux gang signs in order to appear "street"? (My apologies if you're actually a "brah").

Don't worry Pineappleman, you've been granted a Presidential pardon.

Also if must use it, remember your middle fingers bend towards you. If you do it the other way, then it's really the Satanic salute. In a few of your pictures, you did it that way.

Not to make a political statement here, but if you see conservatives trying to use the Shaka gesture (George Bush, Sarah Palin, Rush), they always get it wrong.

PS ( :D )

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-06-05 12:15 ]

W

"Not to make a political statement here, but if you see conservatives trying to use the Shaka gesture (George Bush, Sarah Palin, Rush), they always get it wrong." -JOHN-O-

I am pretty sure that's the I love you sign in sign language. People often mistake it for the "hang loose" gesture.

EDIT: As I suspected...

From guardian.co.uk:

Sarah Palin, with her daughter Willow, holding her brother Trig, campaigns at a rally in Henderson, Nevada. Palin is giving the American sign language hand sign for "I love you". Photograph: Eric Jamison/AP

woofmutt

EDITED to include: John O quote, comment on people mistaking sign language for gesture, Gaurdian link and photo caption.

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-06-05 12:30 ]

That's Just Goofy!
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

J

I stand corrected. Thanks Woofmutt. FYI, in no way did I intend to imply that Pineappleman or Sarah Palin were disciples of Satan. :)

So what does the Shaka sign mean in sign language? I hope it's something nice.

Sorry for the derail. Let's get back to the serious discussion at hand in this General Tiki thread.

W

As I recall the hang loose gesture works for the same meaning in context whne signing. But the same hand shape is used with "phone" or "Talking on the phone."

G

This thread is just a reminder that some people apparently just cannot get enough of themselves. Can I star an "I love me, don't you all love me too?" post? How about a thread of me sitting in different chairs. That would be exciting.

There is nothing wrong with loving me some me Gatorbob.....

I'd welcome your sitting in chairs thread......Of course carting around a chair everywhere you go is a little bit much...
Or are you just going to sit in different chairs??? Or is it just you sitting in the same chair in different T-shirts?

W

"This thread is just a reminder that some people apparently just cannot get enough of themselves. Can I star an "I love me, don't you all love me too?" post? How about a thread of me sitting in different chairs. That would be exciting." -GatorRob-

Yes, you can start pert near any thread you want. Because what the world needs now is love, sweet love. And I like chairs a lot, so I am looking forward to your pictures. It's a great idea. But I should caution you: There are at least 36 or 40 different kind of chairs in the world. Maybe even more than that. You're gonna be very busy. (But you will get to do it sitting down!)

I started my own thread, but I'm a doer, not a sayer. (OK, actually I am a sayer and I do say a lot but I'm also fairly certain that no one is paying attention so it doesn't matter.)

Anyway, I was inspired. Gettin Tight All Over the Place with Woofmutt

As for thread content, if people are having fun and not intentionally trying to piss someone off or start a fight I think they should post away. Certain forums are better suited for certain types of posts, but on the other hand I kinda don't give a crap about that anymore.

As for thread count, I wouldn't know the difference. I've never looked into it. But definitely 100% cotton. Otherwise you're just sleeping on plastic.

Not that there's anything wrong with sleeping on plastic (BEDWETTERS UNITE!!!)

J
JOHN-O posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2010 5:05 PM

On 2010-06-05 16:39, Pineappleman11 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with loving me some me Gatorbob.....

I'd welcome your sitting in chairs thread......Of course carting around a chair everywhere you go is a little bit much...

Or are you just going to sit in different chairs??? Or is it just you sitting in the same chair in different T-shirts?

I love you Pineappleman, but I'd love you more if you looked like this....

In a sub-culture of alcoholics, we must be forgiving.

But next time, when in doubt post in Bilge. :)

TM

It's really one of the greatest thread ever! Between soccer Tiki's tongue, pictures of me wearing the same aloha shirt for years now, or Pineappleman's shaka sign....wow!

The one with him jogging is the best, INHO!

W

I think this photo is staged. I spent two days at Folklife last weekend and saw absolutely nothing like this.

PINEAPPLEMAN, this thread is great.

Woolmutt, you just made it greater!!!

UB

On 2010-06-05 15:20, GatorRob wrote:
How about a thread of me sitting in different chairs. That would be exciting.

That depends, inside or outside chairs?

G

On 2010-06-05 17:05, JOHN-O wrote:
But next time, when in doubt post in Bilge. :)

Bingo! John-o gets the prize!

There's a time and a place for everything. That's all I'm sayin'. Sorry to be a curmudgeon (disclosure: I had to look up the spelling). I've got no intention of being the "stay on topic" police. But I just didn't see any "General Tiki" in this particular narcissistic (yep, had to look up the spelling of that one too) subject. And besides, I blame my less than hospitable attitude when I first posted to the fact that we were sitting in a hot, crowded room waiting for a table at a restaurant that was 15 minutes (15 minutes! the nerve of them!) past the stated time of which it was to become available. And my tummy was grumbling. And I kept mistyping characters on my friggin iPhone.

G

PS - I'd read your other thread woofmutt, but it's in Bilge and I might get my hands dirty over there. Wouldn't want that to happen now would we? Not with the living I make off these hands.

On 2010-06-05 17:34, woofmutt wrote:

I think this photo is staged. I spent two days at Folklife last weekend and saw absolutely nothing like this.

This picture really turns me on.

Pages: 1 28 replies