Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Looking for Tiki Bars in Guam and the Philippines

Pages: 1 5 replies

W

The next stops on the old island hopping campaign are Guam and the Philippines (Manila and Olongapo/Subic Bay) and I'd like to know if anyone has any tiki bars they'd recommend visiting. So far I've had a 'mai tai' in a hotel bar and while it was no real mai tai the Tanduay rhum they used was amazing.

"I could be a professional writer if I put my mind to it. A bitter, angry hack that starts fistfights at cocktail parties- I could do that job."
-Daria Morgendorffer

[ Edited by: Wayfarer 2010-06-05 06:39 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 10:25 AM

Very cool, I want to go there someday too. No idea about bars around there but this thread might help you somehow.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23671&forum=1&hilite=acapulco%20route#fresh
Good luck and please give us a full report when you can.

W

So far the only tikis I've found where in Ocean Park Manila and a few small ones for sale in a gift shop on Corregidor Island. In Baguio I picked up an Igorot mask that looks pretty tiki. No tiki bars yet though.

K

Sweet! Hey, I've always kinda been confused about Guam... Was that island(s) inhabited by Polynesians among others?

W

The islanders here are Chamorro though there's also plenty of Filipinos here too. Guam is part of the Micronesian Islands.

I found a bar last week in Lapu Lapu on Mactan Island called the Jungle bar that has Tikis and a Hawaiian dance show (mainly performed by lady boys), drinks aren't great but it is abit of fun.

Pages: 1 5 replies