Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

show us your derek

Pages: 1 7 replies

I grew up with Derek, so I am a big supporter and promoter of his work.

Note to Derek: Jeannie (TikiJ...I think) and I are going to insist you come back home for the inaugural party of Iki Pohaku's Society of Tiki Soiree. We don't have a set date, but go ahead and save the date, DADDY-O!

Anyway, here are some of the few items by Derek that have made their way into my own collection. Mine is a new collection, so some of you have probably amassed far more than I! Nonetheless, giving the local boy mad props!!!

Derek's Moai Munchkins are my absolute favorites! I wish he made a bigger version of these.

MUGS:

The small mugs in the 4th picture are from Big Ol Tiki Bash 2007. I neglected to post a pic of the backside of this mug.

I need to add to my Derek print collection. Soon...

Prints:

"tiki three" from the tiki art two show 2005

"rummy mcboozer goes hawaiian" from dva gallery's anniversary tiki party 2006

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-06-05 11:53 ]

P
phinz posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2010 12:57 PM

On 2010-06-05 12:57, phinz wrote:

Phinz - What's the story on this piece?

P
phinz posted on Sat, Jun 5, 2010 8:50 PM

Derek hand painted them. I wound up buying it from him at Dragon*Con last year. He had a couple of different designs, but this was the one I liked the most.

On 2010-06-05 20:50, phinz wrote:
Derek hand painted them. I wound up buying it from him at Dragon*Con last year. He had a couple of different designs, but this was the one I liked the most.

I think that ranks right up there with the most collectible of Derek pieces. I really dig that mug!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies