Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SF Bay to Breakers 5/18

Pages: 1 5 replies

Last night at Drunken Vic's, er, Trader Vic's, some of us bay area-ers came up with the idea of getting up at the "butt-crack" of dawn sunday 5/18 and bart-ing in to SF to walk the 7 mile bay to breakers. Is lots of fun. We can wear aloha shirts and crazy hats; I will be bringing my special "white trash" mai tai (used only during bay to breakers): fill a 16 oz water bottle half full of red gatorade and the other half is rum or vodka or whatever's in the cupboards. drink before you hit the Village People area (half way point). then, stop in a liquor store and get more gatorade and rum. can't remember what comes next.
anyone interested, let us know. so far, I've got tikivixen with me and my gal pal Wendy (the un-holy trinity).

Jen

Nicole, my Wahine, and I were thinking about doing the bay to breakers thang as we're going to be in S.F. that week. How long does it take to walk the 7 miles? I don't wanna be too pooped to be a good tourist the rest of the day afterwards. Looking forward to checking out some good tiki bars down thar.

Aloha from the mountain state.
Sneaky

On 2003-05-12 11:41, Sneakytiki wrote:
How long does it take to walk the 7 miles?

I've walked Bay to Breakers in three hours, but you may want to give yourself a little more time than that. Be sure to bring tortillas, a water bottle, a costume, and a camera!

--cindy

Yes, it takes about 3 hours, but I always feel pooped after, although part of it is waking really early to commute into SF from the East Bay by 8 am.

M

I'd love to be a part of a TC Bay-to-Breakers team. The "midnite kick" is legendary among the 1984-85 OCC tennis team. It was known by a different name then, but I still got it.

Alas, my skills are already spoken for. I am a knight in the Benevolent Order of Rosie Ruiz Running Society. Our best time for the race is 42:12. Would have been better, but the damn Muni train just lollygagged it around West Portal.

Our goal this year is to beat them Kenyans. Damn East African show-offs.

midnite...hitting "the Wall" after two flights of stairs.

Somehow, I think that we won't be running. A slow walk while drinking tends not to foster a completely competitive mood.
a certain "ren faire" quote comes to mind:
"why walk when we can stagger? why stagger when ye can crawl? why crawl when we can lay face down in a gutter?"
oh, and the nudity...

Pages: 1 5 replies