Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Funkin

Pages: 1 2 replies

I bought some Funkin Grenadine syrup and some Funkin Passion fruit syrup yesterday. Both are really good, full of natural flavour and less sudary sweet compared to many alternatives.

Looks interesting, but no pomegranate juice in the grenadine.

Ingredients
Inverted Sugar Syrup, Water, Colouring Agents: Anthocyanins, Concentrated Fruit Juice, Acidifying Agent: Citric Acid, Natural Aromas, Fruit Juice Content: 10% (6% Lemon Juice, 2% Strawberry Juice, 1% Blackberry Juice, 1% Cherry Juice)

They do say "Concentrated Fruit Juice," but if it was pomegranate, I'd think they would draw attention to that point. "Natural Aromas" is a funny ingredient.

Out of curiosity, do the combination of fruit juices they include simulate the flavor of pomegranate?

S

On 2010-06-10 06:43, The Gnomon wrote:
Looks interesting, but no pomegranate juice in the grenadine.

Ingredients
Inverted Sugar Syrup, Water, Colouring Agents: Anthocyanins, Concentrated Fruit Juice, Acidifying Agent: Citric Acid, Natural Aromas, Fruit Juice Content: 10% (6% Lemon Juice, 2% Strawberry Juice, 1% Blackberry Juice, 1% Cherry Juice)

They do say "Concentrated Fruit Juice," but if it was pomegranate, I'd think they would draw attention to that point. "Natural Aromas" is a funny ingredient.

Out of curiosity, do the combination of fruit juices they include simulate the flavor of pomegranate?

Grenadine is the easiest mix to make...1 part pom juice to 1 part simple syrup and shake. On the topic of passion fruit syrup...I'm dissapointed with Ceres passionfruit juice after I found there was more pear juice then passionfruit juice.

Pages: 1 2 replies