Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tikified and Tiki Tuckered!

Pages: 1 10 replies

It is currently 5:30 AM and the first day of my Hukilau experience was...well, EPIC! The Intoxicators did the best 15 minutes of high powered surf before the power went out on the boys., The Woggles were absolutely amazing and Mighty Manfred was/is the coolest lead singer on the planet. The penthouse party featuring the Disastranauts was such a treat and what I hoped I would find here. But, capping the evening off with a rum fueled drift in the Atlantic with so many revved uo tikiphiles, Mighty Manfred and the Disatranauts was something this boy really, really needed.

Hukilau is the mostest! I best get some sleep!!!

Sorry to be bumping my own post, but didn't want to start a new post.

Anywho...

I think this is the essence of Hukilau:

This morning I received bad news from my wife, back home. Our cat, that we have owned for 15 years, passed away this morning. Amidst all of the unadultrated fun of Hukilau a bit of reality just seeped into the agenda.

Well, some fellow tikiphiles overheard my conversation and could see I was upset. These folks were offering their condolences and wanting to buy me a drink. Throughout this day people...other folk, have approached and asked how I was doing. Wow...the OHANU is undeniable!

C

awww so sorry you lost your cat while away at Hukilau. I just lost one that was 23 and man, she sure was part of the family.

Enjoy the rest of Hukilau! I hope to make it there next year.

On 2010-06-12 15:38, catmomma wrote:
awww so sorry you lost your cat while away at Hukilau. I just lost one that was 23 and man, she sure was part of the family.

Enjoy the rest of Hukilau! I hope to make it there next year.

Catmomma, thank you very much! I am responding back to your message , live from the Mai Kai where a group toasted my cat, Shadow. He had a good life, plenty of food to eat and always a lap...when needed. He was a diabetic cat and survived through a whole bunch of stuff. But, he was good karma and as much of a good luck charm as a KU tiki.

I miss Shadow already, but this group of fine folk are keeping me in great spirits. Of course, the Jet Pilot I just ingested did not hurt. Bottom line, I can not wait to return to the Hukilau...and long live a Russian Blue Hair named Shadow! Salut!!!

W

Now we must concoct a drink in his honor. It's the next logical step in the mourning process. In mine anyway.

Yes, I am being serious. I have a tabby named Allie like that in my family and it'll be a sad day when she goes.

Vince, it was great meeting you at the Hukilau. Thanks for the birthday shout-out at the Sarong-a-rama. This was the second year I celebrated my birthday at the Hukilau. Sorry to hear about your cat. My condolences. I know how tough that can be. See you next year at the Hukilau for my next birthday.

On 2010-06-13 08:22, khan_tiki_mon wrote:
Vince, it was great meeting you at the Hukilau. Thanks for the birthday shout-out at the Sarong-a-rama. This was the second year I celebrated my birthday at the Hukilau. Sorry to hear about your cat. My condolences. I know how tough that can be. See you next year at the Hukilau for my next birthday.

Wayfarer - I think that is a FANTASTIC idea! Thank you for the suggestion. Now I need Jeff Beachbum Berry to help me come up with a recipe that fits a mysterious Russian bluehair named 'Shadow.'

Khan - The pleasure was all mine, Mr. Docile! I enjoyed whipping the crowd up into a birthday frenzy and seeing you grin from ear to ear. THIS is what ohanu is about, my friend. See you next year!

Pics of Shadow cat -

Vince, sorry for your loss. It's something how much pets mean to us, especially after so many years! I'm glad you had the Hukilau to keep you distracted (and liquored-up!)
It was great meeting you guys! And I know what you mean by tikituckered! I'm still dragging.

On 2010-06-16 14:50, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:
Vince, sorry for your loss. It's something how much pets mean to us, especially after so many years! I'm glad you had the Hukilau to keep you distracted (and liquored-up!)
It was great meeting you guys! And I know what you mean by tikituckered! I'm still dragging.

It was great meeting you guys as well. Tim and I had a blast with you crazy guys! Thank you for the kind words. Hukilau did help keep me distracted...the rum helped too! Get some rest and I'll see you at next year's Hukilau!!!

Sorry about your cat as well. That toast at the Mai Kai sounds like a very nice thing! Thanks for following me on Facebook! I hope to be vending at next years Hukilau, be nice to meet more TC'ers next time!

On 2010-06-16 18:16, zerostreet wrote:
Sorry about your cat as well. That toast at the Mai Kai sounds like a very nice thing! Thanks for following me on Facebook! I hope to be vending at next years Hukilau, be nice to meet more TC'ers next time!

Mahalo, Zero! I really dig your art. So, I (also) hope to see you vending at next year's Hukilau!

Pages: 1 10 replies