Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 6-9-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: June 9, 2010

This show we slid into the scintillatious and stimultaneous sounds of the season that is summer, embodied in the glorioso words and music of some of the greatest artists of all time.

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

1. “Singin' in the Rain” the 1928 recording by Cliff "Ukulele Ike" Edwards from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand (Disc Two)

2. “Panini Pua Kea (White Cactus Flower)” by Cyril Pahinui from the CD Anthology: Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters – Instrumental Collection (Volume 1)

3. “Adobe Hacienda” by The Buckarettes, the Pride of Albuquerque, N.M., from their CD: Cowgirl Serenade

4. “Rainy Afternoon” by Hank Garland from the CD Collection: Move! The Guitar Artistry of Hank Garland, Disc Two [With Gary Burton on Vibes]

5. “My How the Time Goes” by Jackie Ryan from her Two-CD Set: Doozy (Disc One) [With Cyrus Chestnut on Piano]

6. “Willow Weep for Me” by Stephane Grappelli from the CD: Jazz ‘Round Midnight

7. “Honeysuckle Rose” by Anita O’Day from the recording: Live in Tokyo ‘63

8. “Toad Song” by Keali’i Reichel from the Two-CD Set: Collection One (Disc One)

9. “Tropical Swing” by Bobby Ingano from the CD: Legends of the Hawaiian Steel Guitar

10. “I Stay Brown All Year 'Round” the 1946 recording by Harry “The Hipster” Gibson from the CD: Boogie Woogie in Blue [Harry “The Hipster” Gibson on Piano & Vocals, Zutty Singleton on Drums Slim Gaillard on Guitar, Tiny Brown on Bass]

11. “Juneteenth Jamboree” from the CD Box Set: Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five/Disc A: 1938-1940 [1940]

12. “Memphis In June” written and sung by Hoagy Carmichael from the CD: Hoagy Sings Carmichael

13. “It’s a Most Unusual Day” the 1957 recording by June Christy, Arranged and Conducted by Pete Rugolo, from the CD: Gone for the Day & Fair and Warmer

14. “Because of Rain” by Ella Fitzgerald, with Sy Oliver’s Orchestra, recorded in 1951, from the Supreme Jazz SACD

15. “A Summer Afternoon” Stan Getz from the landmark recording: Focus [Arranged by Eddie Sauter, Conducted by Hershey Kay]

Pages: 1 0 replies