Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

ohana 2010 silent auction for tiki-kate! mahalo everyone!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies

S
squid posted on Mon, Jun 14, 2010 4:06 PM

Cross posted from Mieko's "Ohana" thread (So sue me!)

*"As you all know, Tiki-Kate has had some health problems recently. Her latest rounds of chemo are showing some results, but they're also making her very tired and sick. She's been trying to continue to go to work even while doing chemo. The stress of trying to work when she's so sick is really hard. She doesn't like asking for help, but I convinced her to let us help her out.

Squid and Babalu will be hosting a silent auction at their booths at Luau at the Lake! 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM on Saturday 26th. We're looking for people to donate items to auction. These can be art, vintage, whatever. No restrictions. All money raised will go to Kate for her medical bills and to help her pay her mortgage if she can't work.

Items will need to be shipped to the event, I have an address for anyone that would like to donate, please contact me. Items will need to ARRIVE AT THE EVENT NO LATER THAN Thursday, 6/24.

Hopefully people can also post pictures of any items on this thread as well so people can find out what cool stuff is up for grabs!!

This is pretty short notice, I hope to do another auction later this summer, so if you don't have anything now but want to donate in the future, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all the support!
Mieko"*

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36809&forum=15&3

There's gonna be some really cool stuff so check out this link often to see the goodies you can grab to help our pal Kate. See you at OHANA!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

[ Edited by: squid 2010-06-17 23:27 ]

[ Edited by: squid 2010-06-28 17:17 ]

Good for you guys helping out! I'm in! I'll send a black velvet painting!

Ok, since I've been getting questions about it, just for clarification, this auction is a separate deal from the Ohana Silent Auction.

The Ohana Auction still has 100% of its revenue bench-marked for the EIF foundation.

We wanted to help out TikiKate as well (with an event called "Ohana" how could we not look out for our tiki ohana?), so when Squid approached me, we came up with the idea for a separate mini-auction that will be at his & Babalu's tables.

Hopefully you all bring enough cash to support all the causes (and get some pretty amazing stuff in the process!!)

Squid & Babalu will wrap up at 3pm on Saturday, & the regular Ohana Auction will wrap up at 4pm. So, in essence, you have TWO chances to win that tiki item of your dreams! (and two chances to help two causes! Everybody wins!)

Hope that clears it up! Multiple auctions, multiple recipients. We're saving the world, and our friends, one event at a time. :wink:

S

Thanks for the clarification, Bargoyle and thanks for letting us do this. Basically we expect every attendee to bring twice as much cash and drink twice as much which will allow said cash to be easily spread amongst all the worthwhile causes at OHANA. Babalu and I (remedial techies that we are) will do our best to figure out a Paypal option as well.

:)

I'll have a piece or 2 for you Squid/Bab's, Let me know how or where to send it?

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 3:48 PM

Anyone wishing to donate, the items need to be there no later than Thursday 24th.

Tiki Motor Inn
attn: Dave Cohen
2 Canada Street
Lake George, New York 12845

Thanks!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 15, 2010 4:04 PM

What about raffling some of the stuff off? Not everybody is going to have enough $ to bid on stuff in two silent auctions and buy vendor stuff, but they may fork out $10-$20 for a chance to win some good stuff in an auction. GROG is fine if you want to raffle GROG' stuff.

C

EXCELLENT idea, Grog!

I think that is a great point & would certainly help alleviate confusion at the event.

B

well, if we want to do it as a raffle, I still have a big roll of tickets. Squid, gimme a call when you wake up! :wink:

S
squid posted on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 1:26 PM

Good suggestion Groggy but we're going to keep it as an auction. It will be at our table and plainly marked so there won't be any confusion. And of course we'll be plugging the OHANA auction at every chance!

Please check out all the stuff here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36809&forum=15&12

B

Ah, we all know you just don't want to have to yell out raffle ticket numbers for an hour. :wink: lol

See ya at the Lake!!

Tiki Joe's Ocean CDs are in the mail! Many wishes for a full recover Kate. Get better soon 'cause I need you to elbow me out of some Tiki Tony stuff! :)
-Andy

S

Yes, Bargoyle is correct. I am a lazy shiftless cephalopod with no DJ skills whatsoever.

Thanks everyone for all of your donations.

I'm going to cut it off at this point to make sure they all arrive in time.

Keep your eyes open for posts by Mieko announcing future fundraising shenanigans.

S
squid posted on Mon, Jun 28, 2010 5:23 PM

WOW! What a great weekend and what a great gang to hang with. You guys stuck it out even thru the rain and scored some cool (and damp) stuff!

We raised a nice chunk of change for Kate and I'd like to thank all the folks who kicked in donations! Especially Bora Boris since I got his spiffy 8 x10 glossy and cool mug :)

Thanks to Sully, Caroline and the whole FOM gang for allowing to do this, especially on such short notice. Now I know why you named the event "Ohana".

squid

Pages: 1 13 replies