Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki torch question

Pages: 1 2 replies

BA

Hi,

I have been transforming my summer homes basement and backyard into Tiki / Islandy setups. I will be out this weekend and will take pictures of what I have done so far.

I have some really nice tiki torches but the other day I was watching a DIY program where they created tiki torches by using concrete forms as a base and when cured they placed these tiki oil lamps on top of them.

It looked interesting and I suppose if you colored the concrete it would look really cool. However I have been searching the net and cant find a single reference to anyone who has tried this. Let alone finding the type of lamp that seemed to fit perfectly on the concrete form.

Has anyone here ever tried this or ever seen it? I was thinking of using a 10" form in the landscape and doing what I saw on the show. (Of which I cant recall the name of)

Any help, advice or encouragement is welcomed.

Thanks,

Bobby A

BA

Thanks for the link. But what I saw was a cylindrical form about 4 feet tall that the lamp rested on. No pole needed.

I am thinking that in addition to coloring the concrete that perhaps it could be decorated in tapa patterns or even like a tiki carving.

Ideas?

Bobby A

Pages: 1 2 replies