Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 6-16-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: June 16, 2010

This show we continued our extrapolative excursion into the blues. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

1. “Limehouse Blues” by Roy Smeck from the CD Box Set: It’s Hotter in Hawaii (Volume D).

2. “Limehouse Blues” by Bob Brozman, Mike Auldridge & David Grisman from their CD: Tone Poems III – The Sounds of Great Slide & Resophonic Instruments.

3. “Wang Wang Blues” recorded in 1928 by Sam Ku West's Harmony Boys from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand (Disc One) with George Kalani on Ukulele.

4. “St. Louis Blues” by Roy Eldridge from the CD Collection: Little Trumpet Jazz Giant (Disc Four: Dale’s Wail). Recorded in 1953 by The Metronome All-Stars, with Billy Eckstine on Vocal, Roy Eldridge on Trumpet, Kai Winding on Trombone, John Laporta on Clarinet, Warne Marsh & Lester Young on Tenor Sax, Teddy Wilson on Piano, Billy Bauer on Guitar, Eddie Safranski on Bass, and Max Roach on Drums.

5. “Jumpin’ on Sugar Hill” recorded in 1947 by Helen Humes, taken from the CD: Blue and Sentimental with Buck Clayton on Trumpet, Teddy Wilson on Piano, Rudy Williams on Tenor Sax, Scoville Browne on Clarinet.

6. “Jump for Joy” by Hot Lips Page, the 1939 recording from the collection also called Jump for Joy! [with the vocal by Joe Turner, Henry Smith: on Alto Sax, Hot Lips Page on Trumpet and Pete Johnson on Piano.

7. “Every Day I Have the Blues” by Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack from their CD: Hawaiian Swing, with the vocal by Matt Catingub.

8. “Careless Love” the W.C Handy song sung by Madeleine Peyroux, from her CD of the same name.

9. “Muscle Shoals Blues” by Fats Waller from the CD Box Set: Handful of Keys (Disc One: Numb Fumblin’)

10. “Occidental Woman” by Duke Robillard and Sunny Crownover from their CD tribute to Les Paul: Tales From the Tiki Lounge with Sunny Crownover on Vocals, Duke Robillard on Guitars, Marty Ballou on Bass, Mark Texeira on Percussion & Drums, Doug James on Bass Clarinet, Providence Mandolin Orchestra.

11. “I Know What You’re Putting Down” by Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five from the CD Box Set of the same name (Disc C: 1944-1946).

12. “Blues in 6/8” from the CD collection: Eric Dolphy -- Complete Latin Jazz Sides, recorded in 1960, with Eric Dolphy on Alto Sax.

13. “Blue Prelude” by Candido Camero from the collection: Tease – The Beat of Burlesque.

14. “Mongo's Blues” from the Two-CD Set: Michel Camilo – Live at the Blue Note (Disc Two), with Michel Camilo on Piano, Charles Flores on Bass, Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez on Drums.

Pages: 1 0 replies