Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

to Shag or not to Shag

Pages: 1 12 replies

CA

Hmmm.
Some Brain’ie’ack planed a Shag Show some’tin or other, downtown, during the Fri. night Ape set at the Oasis III. For those of you lucky enough to get out there by 7:30 PM, Ape will be performing our cocktail-exotica set till 8:15 or so. THE MAJORITY OF THE APE/OASIS TIKI WILL BE CARVED FRI NIGHT. Virgin log to be sacrificed at 7:30 sharp!

Up to 17 songs of wood chip flying wonder!!

Sat. night we will be performing our Dance Jungle Party set at 11:00 PM till the PSPD riot squad shuts us down. More monkey’n around then chopping wood.

So if staring down the 2D dim and standing around for the same old Shag is your thing. Then eat your heart out... while APE and I will be playing our hearts out on stage at the Oasis III!

See you all there... I’m off tonight to help Ben get the ShipWreck ‘Reef‘ ship-shape. We will hear no critique till it is done many months from now. It is a work in Progress and will be for some time.

Save your replies for Fri Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tikimania.com/ape.html

PS: if a signature is what you are after then I'll sign my limited edition of 500 APE keychain (150 Brown / 150 Red) for you. They'er only $5!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2003-05-07 20:13 ]

Hey Al,
I apologize that your band is scheduled to play at the same time as the SHAG show takes place (7 - 9 pm Friday at M Modern Gallery - 400 N. Palm Canyon Drive) as we would have loved to have caught the act.

As you may have noticed we are a proud sponsor of the Tiki Oasis III and were asked (what an honor) to do this show by SHAG and Otto. We locals, here in Palm Springs, are extremely excited about having Shag and his cool retro art in our town for the first time. We are also happy to be graced at the same time with the cool Tiki Oasis III event.

I'm sure that whichever venue people choose to attend that evening (maybe even both) they will be thoroughly entertained.
Hope to catch your show on Saturday evening though. I'm sure both of the APE shows will kick some Tiki Ass!

Maybe we could play a video of your guys show on the plasma screen at the gallery after (simulcast would probably be a bit too difficult this late in the game).

PS. Brain'ie'ack? - I always thought of myself as more of a sarcastic, elitist, long haired tiki snob... Oh well!

T

I heard the bar has a lot of Crazy Al'Z and Bamboo Ben'Z FEMININE side showing.
Since they have tried so hard to use (the other half of their brain)
Let's make sure we all tell them.

HEY, COULDN'T THIS BAR HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE MANLY

WHAT IS THIS THE TIKI CENTRAL ALTERNITIVE LIFE STYLE BAR.

ADAM COROLLA WOULD NEVER SIT HERE, WHERE'S THE JUGGY GIRLS?

I'm sure the bar is alltime, but the boys are worried with such a big test this weekend, so let's tell em what we think and bring them another drink.
Al Ben THANKS FOR THE EFFORT

You don't gotta sell me on it, Al. I wouldn't miss APE if Bax had his own show at that gallery. Not sure what that ment.......just didn't want to leave Bax out. But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing APE again. I haven't stopped playing the CD since we got back from Vegas.

Chop n' f'n Roll

Spike
http://www.kikatiki.com

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-05-08 12:20 ]

But PLEEEEEZE don't miss Clouseaux's ONE and ONLY OASIS show!!! We're Friday night at 9:30, when a lot of you post-Shag-show folks might be getting dinner. All the other bands seem to be playing two different shows (Friday AND Saturday), so don't assume that you can catch us Saturday!

Already mentally there,
Miss Formica Dinette

I won't miss any of the music.

Lounge n' f'n Roll

Ape.....APE......APE !!!!

All I can Say !!

a Drink in my hand and APE!!
What a mix!!

er.. Hello! a drink IS dinner at Tiki Oasis. ask for extra fruit and a Tikibek.

Clouseaux makes for un appertif parfait!

Matthew E. "Hukilau" Brown

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-05-09 00:36 ]

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-05-09 00:36 ]

I decided to hang out with the Mom this weekend.....have fun all.

Wish I had skipped the Shag show and caught ape! It was bogus! Did see Ape Sat. night! Awesomeingly entertaining, but can Al please button his shirt so my wife won't stare at his six pack!?!

Ape Rules! (as simple as that!)

Are you sure that's a six pack and not a pack of hot dogs?!?!?

Pages: 1 12 replies