Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Caliente Tropics people-- need info ASAP

Pages: 1 3 replies

M
mig posted on Tue, Jun 18, 2002 11:20 AM

Hi all,

I'm having a little problem with CT. They have quietly and mysteriously raised our room rate by a substantial amount. Fortunately, I have no less than THREE pieces of documentation from them quoting the correct price, but I'm anticipating some quality time on the phone with them today.

If any of you have the "TIKI OASIS BASIC" package, booked before June 9, can you tell me what your rate was, and for how many nights?

(Basically, they sent out a "re-confirmation" with the price misquoted. Potentially EVERYONE will get an incorrect price like this. Then they called me back and told me the extra $ was for the extra night... which is not correct, since it was included in my original amount.)

So again, if you have the same package, please let me know how much yours went for (it was on their site at the time) and for how many nights.

M
mig posted on Tue, Jun 18, 2002 11:24 AM

Okay, no reason why I shouldn't give figures:

Originally booked, in late April, "Tiki Oasis Basic" room for three nights-- F, Sa, Su-- at a package price of $265. Received online, email, and snail mail confirmations.

Yesterday, I received a "re-confirmation" in the mail quoting $355. I called them to reconcile this; they told me that the reconfirmations got sent out after the price had gone up, but that I was still booked at $265.

I then got a followup call; the voicemail said that it was $265 for two nights, and that the extra $90 was for the third night.

Not the case, because like I said, I have three pieces of documentation quoting $265 for three nights.

M
mig posted on Tue, Jun 18, 2002 12:02 PM

Okay, just got off the phone with them again. The guy mumbled something about "they put the package in there wrong" (referring to how it was synched up between their website and the reservation-processing service) but he said that they'd honor it.

I hear that they might have some space available due to last-minute cancellations.

Anyway, your "key take-away" here is: DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR ROOM RATE VERY CAREFULLY!!! It seems like they've been making all sorts of errors lately!

M

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would want to buy some vintage aloha shirts, shorts, dresses and muu-muus if I brought them to the Caliente Tropics this weekend. They are all sized Large or SMALLER and run about $20 each. Email me at before 3 pm Thursday (when i am packing).--bruce

Pages: 1 3 replies