Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

1960s Disneyland Moai salt & pepper shakers

Pages: 1 26 replies

My cousin bought these for my mother in Disneyland in 1966. A co-worker is a Tiki collector and I was going to see if he was interested in them. Do they have any value? They are in perfect condition.

Here is a link to a pair that are identical to mine.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rare-1960s-disneyland-tiki-salt-pepper-shaker

These are pics of my set;

[ Edited by: CountyWorker 2010-06-24 19:44 ]

[ Edited by: CountyWorker 2010-06-26 10:50 ]

[ Edited by: CountyWorker 2010-06-26 11:07 ]

[ Edited by: CountyWorker 2010-09-24 21:27 ]

TM

I would say the value is between $30 - $50.

On 2010-06-20 20:18, Tiki Matt wrote:
I would say the value is between $30 - $50.

Thanks Matt

E

Matt nailed the price; here's the O-M listing, btw:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2111

On 2010-06-20 21:37, ebtiki wrote:
Matt nailed the price; here's the O-M listing, btw:

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=2111

Thanks

CW Looks like the last pair sold in May 2010 for a little over $95.00.
This same design was used by many tiki establishments back in the day
including the Kahiki and Skipper Kents .

Very cool vintage S&P shakers. You should delve further into the world of tiki and then you might just want to keep them yourself to start you own tiki mug collection.

Soon you will be researching old tiki bars, wearing Hawaiian shirts and drinking Mai Tais like the rest of us!

:)

On 2010-06-21 16:31, abstractiki wrote:
Very cool vintage S&P shakers. You should delve further into the world of tiki and then you might just want to keep them yourself to start you own tiki mug collection.

Soon you will be researching old tiki bars, wearing Hawaiian shirts and drinking Mai Tais like the rest of us!

:)

The retro Tiki stuff is cool, but I think being a non-drinker would take most of the fun out of it. If these shakers are desirable I would much rather see them go to somebody that would like to have them. If anybody is interested in them for a fair price let me know.

some of the most passionate collectors i know don't drink (myself included) or drink very little. but, you're either a mug weirdo or you're not. i do like salt and pepper though!

E

As a drinker, I only use duplicates for boozing.

[ Edited by: ebtiki 2010-06-22 05:02 ]

oh yeah, i use tiki mugs every day for hawaiian punch, pepsi and good ol' h2o.

On 2010-06-22 02:21, kingstiedye wrote:

Instead of Pepsi you should be drinking Tahitian Treat and Fanta Pineapple!

Pics added.

$40 & split the shipping.

On 2010-06-23 21:15, CountyWorker wrote:

Where can I get my hands on Tahitian Treat ? They sell it in the mid west but not
in So. Cal.

On 2010-07-06 17:58, 1961surf wrote:

On 2010-06-23 21:15, CountyWorker wrote:

Where can I get my hands on Tahitian Treat ? They sell it in the mid west but not
in So. Cal.

I don't drink soft drinks much anymore, but I do stare at them on the shelves at the grocery store and think about how good they taste. I can't say for sure the last time I saw Tahitian Treat (one of my all time favorites) on the shelf, but Shasta makes a knock off called Tiki Punch. I have seen both Fanta and Crush pineapple soda in two liter bottles. I'm in No. Cal.

the Corner Store in San Pedro has quite the large soda collection. They might have....

These are still looking for a home or they will go back into a box and back into the garage with all the other boxes of "stuff" one acquires over the years.

L

I never understand why people post on these forums and ask for value..then when given multiple opinions of said value then offer them for sale. When no one wants to buy them then they state they are going to be put back in storage--like that is going to make people jump at the chance to buy them

put them on Ebay and be done with it-if someone wants to buy them they will

tiki punch sucks. too carbonated. hawaiian punch is the nectar of the gods. and i'd rather drink piss than fanta pineapple.
oh, and amen to what liz said.

On 2010-07-22 19:51, leleliz wrote:
I never understand why people post on these forums and ask for value..then when given multiple opinions of said value then offer them for sale. When no one wants to buy them then they state they are going to be put back in storage--like that is going to make people jump at the chance to buy them

put them on Ebay and be done with it-if someone wants to buy them they will

Probably not good for your blood pressure to reach 9 on the stress scale over a couple of salt and pepper shakers. I've never used Ebay and don't intend to and I wasn't expecting anyone to "jump at the chance to buy them", I just figured I'd give it one last shot here by putting my thread back on the first page. Sorry if I offended anyone, I honestly thought somebody might like to have them. The admins can delete my thread if I have broken forum decorum.

On 2010-07-10 18:35, RevBambooBen wrote:
the Corner Store in San Pedro has quite the large soda collection. They might have....

Galco's Soda Pop Stop, just west of Pasadena, has one of the best collections of soda on the West Coast:

Galco’s Soda Pop Stop

5702 York Boulevard,
Los Angeles, California 90042

They don't carry Tahitian Treat, but you can sign up for their newsletter to see if they get it it in, or Amazon's got it for $14 a 12 pack.

LT

Looks like they fetched a pretty good price. :drink:

L

thank goodness..I can finally sleep at night what with all the worrying I was doing over whether or not these shakers would ever find a home

sigh

53 clams, not a bad price and more than i thought you would get in this economy.

On 2010-10-23 08:23, abstractiki wrote:
53 clams, not a bad price and more than i thought you would get in this economy.

You can still get a good price for good stuff. It's that junk like leleliz tries to palm off that isn't selling.

Pages: 1 26 replies