Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Primo Beer mirror sign

Pages: 1 11 replies

HT

Started going to thrift stores this week around SC, end up in Riverside today. Found this hanging on a back wall.

I know its not Tiki and some get annoyed with the Hawaiiana around here, but I just have to say that ever since I was a little boy visiting Kauai every year I have LOVED the Primo logo. I hope that someday in my mother's attic I can find my Primo vinyl beach bag that inflates into a pillow. Now that is something that needs to be reproduced.

And I gotta say that Primo Beer is better now than in any other incarnation it has ever had. Glad to have you back Primo.

Suck 'Em Up!

Second that motion SuperEight !

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jun 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Had my share of Primo draft at Long Doggers in Satellite Beach, Florida last week. Not bad and a huge hit with the locals.

Also, I might add, I've always had good luck in Riverside finding whatever I was looking for. Great purchase.

Thanks for posting. G

T

Too Cool. Very nice find.

PRIMO score on the mirror. I have found some nice PRIMO items including a can still full of beer from the 70's .

Last summer a surf shop on Kauai was having a bean bag toss for the kids during their parking lot sale. 2 of the prizes were new metal Primo signs and I was pleading with my two 10 year old nieces to try to win it for me. They were too shy. Damn kids.

TikiG: The table next to me at the Longdoggers in Indialantic had a pitcher of Primo going over lunch and the US-Algeria World Cup match . I was this close to snagging the Primo pitcher on my way out...

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jun 23, 2010 9:20 AM

Primo stuff used to be everywhere when I was a kid in Huntington Beach, California in the 70s.

It seems everyone had at least one promotional item hung up in the garage, a beer bottle, a sign, a mirror - whatever.

Never gave it much thought then. Try to find these items now...

Z

In the pub down the road, they have an actual 3 foot tall Primo beer menehune...Awesome!
Or was it a Longboard menehune?
Crap, I'll have to go to the pub and find out...especially since the owner just came into my bookstore to buy a stack of rum drinkology books, including Trader Vic's Tiki Party...He says they are getting several high quality rums in stock.
The birth of a new Tiki bar? Or merely menehunes at work?
...But I digress. I'll check on the Primo/Longboard question & get right back. After some Rum.
~Zero

I just found your posts on Primo by accident. It brought back fond memories.
Back in 1970 I worked as a bottler at Hawaii Brewing in Pearl City. It was sort of a brewery. The "wart" was brewed on the mainland converted to a thick syrup and sent to Hawaii by boat. It was reconstituted and the brewing process was completed. "Primo" was owner by Schlitz.

Jim

Primo,
the PBR of the Pacific,
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 11 replies