Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Attention Hukilau Attendees -- Important!!!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Bumping back to the top, since Christie has still not heard back from several people. C'mon folks, step up and clear the slate if you haven't already. This is a frickin mess...thanks to PayPal.

Incidents like this are the reason I refuse to use PayPal. And as a result of eBay's acquisition of PayPal, and their insistence that PayPal be used for auction payments, I refuse to use eBay as well.

According to PayPalSucks.com, in the past PayPal was sued by four attorneys general in four states for acting as a banking institution when they had no license to act as one. These days PayPal admits they are not a bank but merely a "payment service provider" (whatever that means.) As such, they've avoided all the consumer protections afforded by banking regulations and are NOT FDIC insured.

I've gone to http://www.PayPalSucks.com and read the user stories. And I was astonished by some of the terms found deep in their Terms of Service agreement. In my opinion, the convenience of PayPal isn't worth the burden of risk that their Terms of Service places on the user.

[ Edited by: Baron von Tiki 2010-07-11 18:10 ]

P
phinz posted on Sun, Jul 11, 2010 6:22 PM

PayPal rants aside, let's all make this right.

On 2010-07-11 18:22, phinz wrote:

My post wasn't a rant and I object to your characterization of it as such. If I didn't think it would be of value to others, I wouldn't have posted it.

On 2010-07-11 18:22, phinz wrote:

My post wasn't a rant and I object to your characterization of it as such. If I didn't think it would be of value to others, I wouldn't have posted it.

Pages: 1 5 replies