Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Letting go of some treasures to get us to Oasis

Pages: 1 2 replies

As some of you that know us personally know, Justin (Detiki) was injured in very bad and permanently disabling work accident last year that has cost us his vocation. So in a making lemonade out of lemons sort of way, we are taking what was a pocket money business and making a real go of it. We were thrilled by the response we got at the Hukilau, and are now going to Tiki Oasis to keep the ball rolling. Along with that and several other shows where we will be vending his work, its time to cash in the ol' vintage savings account, and let a couple we never thought we would part with treasures in order to raise some capital for our new venture. I am already busting my booty with my vintage biz, but this is the good stuff and I would rather give our tiki central ohana a crack at them first.

Witco Mask. It had to have been taken from a bar, since we added the wallhanger for it. I have waiting the 3 years I have had it for another to pop up on ebay to gauge its value, and I have not seen one. Here is your chance if this is on your wish list. $450. (yes I know, its alot. its what it is worth to us and where we would be able to part with it at...and heck, I will pay the shipping for it)

and the big guns. My Beachcomber Mayfair salt and pepper shakers. Not the most dynamic design and has a few small chips, but knowing where they came from and that as far as anyone know, there are not any other running around has made them the highlight of our collection. If you want someone no one else has, from a truly legendary bar (in England, so who knows how many ever even made it over here) $650. not even excusing the price. If you want to be tiki king of the mountain, then this is a pretty nice trophy.

I also have a large Franciscan Starburst collection with a few rare pieces I am hoping to sell in one lot. PM if you collect that too.

or if these are out of your budget, help us out with an order of his art! You will not be dissapointed, and we can make whatever your heart desires for a good price!

Some pictures of the Franciscan Starburst...I can send more detailed pictures to anyone interested. Bunch of pieces, but the only perfect ones are
9 perfect dinner plates, 4 cups and saucers, several of the small plates, 1 veggie bowl, 1 fruit bowl, the syrup pitcher, and the creamer. The blue bowls are perfect too and are franciscan, not part of the set but they match perfect.
The candlesticks have two of the tiniest chiggers on the underside. They display perfect. The Large Casserole has one chip on the underside of the lid, and again, displays perfect.
The rest all have dings from microscopic to an actual chip, but the only 2 pieces that are too bad to put on the dinner table are the gravy boat and the platter, but they both look pretty good in the display case, which is mostly the point for me anyways. A good usuable set with only a few pieces needed to make it a full service for 4.
$450 takes it, plus shipping. That is basically the going rate for all the perfect pieces, and the rest is basically free (except the cost of shipping it to you)

Pages: 1 2 replies