Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Austin and Dallas TX Tiki Info Needed

Pages: 1 5 replies

Heading out to Austin on July 3 for a week and then up to Dallas for a few days. Looking for some info on Tiki possibilities along the way. Can't believe I missed Trader Vic's in Dallas , hope to hear about some other spots and meet some Texas Tiki Ohana.

Thanks,

DC

K

On 2010-06-26 22:17, Dustycajun wrote:
Heading out to Austin on July 3 for a week and then up to Dallas for a few days. Looking for some info on Tiki possibilities along the way. Can't believe I missed Trader Vic's in Dallas , hope to hear about some other spots and meet some Texas Tiki Ohana.

Thanks,

DC

Zero tiki in Dallas, but certainly we can get some folks to meet up for a drink somewhere. Let us know the dates you'll be in Dallas.

Try contacting Koitiki for Austin info.

Yes, Dallas is tiki-less without the once fab Trader Vic's, but there remain a few faithful about that would be glad to gather somewhere for a libation or four.

GK

Kenike and Grand Kahu,

Going to be in Austin for the Junior Olympics July 3d through the 8th and then heading to McKinney to stay with friends on Friday the 9th through Tuesday. No Tiki?? Still, would be fun to hook up for a drink the the Texas Tiki folks in the area over the weekend. No solid plans on what we are doing yet.

Can you buy the old Trader Vic's stuff directly from the closed restaurant? Would be cool to check that out while in Dallas.

DC

K
Kenike posted on Sun, Jul 4, 2010 8:41 AM

I Live in McKinney! Sent you a PM.

K

Hey, just saw this. A few of us tikiphiles are going to hang out here at our tiki room for after dinner drinks, a swim and then some fireworks. And oh yeah it's all legal out here so we got the big guns. "Hog Wild Artillery Shill" as it says on the boxes.
Anyway, you're more than welcome to join us. PM me if you want directions, or other suggestions for places to see in Austin.

Pages: 1 5 replies