Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Hukilau 2010 Playlist...

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha all!

Was wondering if anyone knows if the DJs that were working the marketplace area kept a list of the songs they played. There was one song in particular that I heard a couple times over the course of a couple days and I can't get it out of my head...was hoping someone had a list of the songs so I could try to find it.

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Sorry I can't answer your question as I was not at Hukilau.

But I have DJed at tiki oasis, and at the recent tiki caliente II

and I had a few people come up to me and ask what I was playing.
Or if I had a playlist of what I had played that day.
At Tiki Caliente II when I said I didn't have a play list, and that I just went off the top of my head, and also went with the flow of the crowd, the lady asking was surprised, if not stupefied. I laughed.

So if you want to know what something is at a certain time, go ask the dj.
I am more than happy to tell someone what it is, and where to get it, or if its on cd, or lp, or out of print.

DJ(bigtikidude)
aka Jeff

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-06-28 00:09 ]

Tikitackett - can you give us a morsel of the song? I remember several tunes the DJ played at the Saturday night party hosted by Seven Tiki Rum.

Here are a few I recall:
Out of the World - Gino Washington
The Tighten Up - Archie Bell and the Drells
Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics
Double Shot (of my Baby's Love) - The Swinging Medallions
The California Sun - The Rivieras

Sorry, I can't recall the entire night's playlist, but there are a few. I remember they spun some James Brown too...I can't remember which song.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Jun 30, 2010 9:27 PM

Those DJs spun some really hot disks that night...I was "in orbit baby!" groovin with the ladies.

On 2010-06-30 21:27, TikiG wrote:
Those DJs spun some really hot disks that night...I was "in orbit baby!" groovin with the ladies.

Hahaha You and I both, G! I learned a valuable lesson too...never try to out dance the Mighty Manfred!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies