Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chef Shangri-La's 34th Anniversary Weekend-July 31st/Aug 1st (Now with FREE Raffle Pics)

Pages: 1 19 replies

Aloha Na mea a pau,

Mark your calendars now for the 34th Chef Shangri-La Anniversary Celebration being held on Saturday evening July 31st, and Sunday afternoon August 1st, featuring an absolutely fantastic line up of FREE entertainment.

Saturday we have the rumbling rhythms of Wraygun at 7pm followed by two sets at 8pm by none other than The Concussions, those Happy-go-lucky Honyocks from Grand Rapids, Michigan. This will be their first Chicago appearance since Exotica 2007! On Sunday doors open at noon with the return of the “Shopping Bazaar”, featuring carvers, artists, and vintage vendors. Entertainment for Sunday again will be the rumbling reverb of Wraygun 1pm, followed by another 2 sets by The Concussions. We will also be moving the monthly FREE raffle to Saturday and Sunday between acts. We will be updating thread with photos of raffle items soon.

The Chef will be offering food and drink specials throughout the weekend as well as a Hawaiian Style pig roast on Sunday afternoon. So come on out, bring the family, and join in the fun and frolic! This event will most likely sell out, so make your reservations now at 708-447-7080

See ya at the Chef!

Mahalo,

D&C

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2010-07-22 07:19 ]

..i just wanted to add that if anyone is interested in vending at this years event contact bamboolodge for details.....the more the merrier!!

also, there are many affordable, clean motels nearby for those of you staying in town all weekend. contact bamboolodge for details on that as well....

i will be vending a bunch of tiki and vintage mid century collectables !! - 99% of what i have to sell will be $25 or less !! I am also selling a few witco pieces at rock bottom prices. pics to be posted shortly......

On 2010-07-08 05:04, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

i will be vending a bunch of tiki and vintage mid century collectables !! - 99% of what i have to sell will be $25 or less !! I am also selling a few witco pieces at rock bottom prices. pics to be posted shortly......

Yes, please post some pictures, maybe I will send my Dad over to pick some stuff up for me!

PTD

Here's the poster/flyer our good buddy Dadtiki did for the event...

...Just lovin' the Chef Tiki as a super hero!

See ya'll at the Chef!

D&C

PS. raffle pics coming soon.

quick update...i'm holding off on posting pics till a few days before the show....still collecting and sorting out stuff i'm gonna sell from my collection.....i will have a bunch of exotica albums for sale as well at super bargain prices.....i'll post pics of the witco stuff i'm selling here as well in the next couple days....

here's the witco i'm selling- keep in mind, i am not bringing these to the chef so if you want one , p.m. me for payment instructions and i will be sure to bring your items to the chef for you or friend/family member to pick up. - no shipping on these. -thanks!

all items are in good shape (unless noted) and sold as is.

tiki table and stools - $300 (table disassembles - can fit in the back seat of a mid size-large car)

small cut in stool top -

horse magazine rack - $150

madonna wall hanging - $ 50

table lamp with original shade - $25

swag lamp -$25

organ grinder and monkey wall hanging - monkey attached to small chain and removable from box - grinder has busted toe tip- $35

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-07-18 06:15 ]

this just in from phil tiki :

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up about what's happening with your favorite Link Wray Tribute band, Wraygun.

Well, over the past few months, we have gotten away from doing only Link Wray and are branching out by playing other kick-ass surf and instro, so we decided to change our name. From now on we will be know as 13 Tikis. We have the same line-up as before and will be playing all kinds of surf & instrumental music from all time periods. Don't worry, Wraygun still exists and will be taken off the shelf for special occasions (I hear that an opening slot might be available for the upcoming Los Santos show...) and we 13 Tikis still play plenty of the man's ground -breaking material. The name change allows us to be the best damn instro band in Chicago, regardless of who's covers we play.

So, with that being said you can check out the following web sites:

http://www.13tikis.com
http://www.reverbnation.com/13tikis
http://www.facebook.com/13tikis
http://www.myspace.com/13tikis

And follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/13tikis.

Now for the show dates!

Our last shows as Wraygun will be July 31st & Aug 1st @ Chef Shagri La in North Riverside as we open for Grand Rapid's own The Concussions!
Saturday we start at 7PM and Sunday will be an afternoon show. Make your reservations now as tables are going fast.

We picked this Orchids of Hawaii shell lamp up at the Aku Tiki Room auction. We were originally going to re-wire as swag and hang in our place. Since we bought this back in 2008, we were given a lamp from the Chef by Suzy, so unfortunately we have no room for this. Item is in great shape with all shells intact, just needs to be wired as swag. If anyone is interested we're asking $250.00, just drop a pm and we can bring it to the Chef over the anniversary weekend.

here's a sample of some of the things i will be selling at the chef..plus i have hawaiian shirts and dozens of hawaiian/exotica albums all at rock bottom prices.....see ya there !!

Ok, here's the photos of the FREE raffle goodies for the weekend...

Saturday evening we have an Exotica 2003 screenprinted poster in glass frame, a rare Tiki Eyeball event t-shirt, vintage tiki mask, "Sex Kittens" various artists CD, a Chef t-shirt(one of the last 2), vintage Orchids Mai Tai bucket, a real coconut cup, Exotica 2007 framed poster, one dozen FOM swizzles, "Tiki" torch, Disney's Polynesian Village tiki goblet, one dozen Ohana swizzles, Hula Girl picture frame, small vintage carved Tiki, a battery operated Tiki clock, a couple of Chef gift certificates, and a few other goodies to be added as well. We also have a KICK ASS carving that buddy Big Tiki D is donating, but you'll have to show up Saturday night to see that one.

Sunday afternoon we have another Exotica 2003 screenprinted poster in glass frame, a Hawaiian Fish t-shirt, Mt Tiki Soki Super Soaker, a Trader Vic's Aloha Coconut mug, the last remaining Chef t-shirt, Exotica 2007 framed poster, one dozen FOM swizzles, small vintage carved Tiki, a generic Tiki mug, Disney's Polynesian Village tiki goblet, one dozen Ohana swizzles, a Tribal mask, an various artists lounge CD, a Fire Hydrant Martini Shaker, a Ukelele still in the box, a couple of Chef gift certificates, and a few other goodies to be added as well.

Saturday is filling up fast so don't delay, make those reservations today!

See ya'll at the Chef!

Congratulations Suzie and Chef Shangri-La on 34 Years!

I'm really excited to be a part of the celebration of this tiki treasure of Chicagoland!

After debuting in California and the Northeast earlier this year, I am proud to bring my new "Oceania Collection" to the Heartland of America!

I'll have a great variety of hand made tiki decor ranging from log tikis to wall hangings. I also have a couple of one-of-a-kind tiki mug shelves for sale to display the standouts in your collection!

I'll be set up both Saturday night and Sunday, and I look forward to seeing you all and raising a "Doctor Fong" to Chef Shangri-La!

T

It's getting closer! Can't wait to see youz guyz.

I think in honor of the occasion lake, maybe you could donate a piece or 2 to the raffles to sweeten the pot for all the revellers..... it would be great PR for you as well. - what say ye, matey !!??

On 2010-07-26 20:29, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

I think in honor of the occasion lake, maybe you could donate a piece or 2 to the raffles to sweeten the pot for all the revellers..... it would be great PR for you as well. - what say ye, matey !!??

Consider it done!

cool!! thanks!

Ok, we've made a little last minute switch in the line-up for Sunday afternoon...

The Concussions will be playing first, as they got a long haul home, and we'll be winding up the celebration with a stellar performance by 13Tikis.

From Chicago, 13 Tikis features Suzie on Sax, Mr. Friday on Bass, Jack The Ripper on Drums, Stevie Martini on Guitar, and Phil Tiki on Guitar. We are the premiere surf/instro band in Chicago. You can expect to hear some of the best late-50's instro all the way up to modern-day. Link Wray, Man or Astroman, The Bomboras, Duane Eddy, Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet, The Ghastly Ones, and more...

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/13tikis#ixzz0uzBxubrQ

See ya'll at the Chef!

Just a bump... hitting the road for Chicago in a few hours!

Wow what a rip-roaring weekend, the party was absolutely over the top!!! The Concussions put on two unbelievable shows, and Wraygun/13Tikis rocked the Chef as well. It was great to see everyone, and especially those of you who came from out of state for this one!

Here's some photos from the weekend...

Didn't get too many photos, was too busy havin' a blast, so be sure to add yours!

On behalf of Suzy and everyone at Chef Shangri-La,

MAHALO!!!!!!!!

Got some more great pics to share thanks to Momtiki...

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2010-08-05 07:41 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies