Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Wayfarer Lounge

Pages: 1 2 replies

W

Now that I'm off Diego Garcia and on Guam the lounge will become a reality! I've plenty of things collected on travels for decorating and since I couldn't bring it with me the booze collection has started over with a bottle of Tanduay rum. The thing is, I can't nail anything to the apartment walls, it's too solid and the land lady doesn't want me doing it. Does anyone have any suggestions for putting up rattan or some kind of faux hut wall without having to use nails? Any suggestions would be helpful.

common problem but easy fix it. You could put in a faux wall. 1x2 or 2x3 make a good start. frame it in like you see in the DYI type shows or magazines and then you can cover it with anything. If you are looking at bamboo, I would still frame it then cover over the sides to hide the wood. The cool thing is that if you make it in panels then screw them together, you can move them around or take them with you if you move again. pending on your building stuff level, you could even light behind them or run a picture like in Hula Sue's South Sea's Hideaway. Mr. pupu pants has done a great job at that. What ever you do, just remember that you'll need a built in rack or bar to hold your stuff due to the new wall not being attached to the real wall. :drink:

W

I have a nice solid wood bar and a rack for the booze, so that's taken care of, I'll look for a tutorial on how to build the wall. Maybe Mr.Pupupants explains it on his page. Thanks.

Today I went out and mostly stocked the bar, all I haven't found yet is blue curacao and cherry Heering. Otherwise the liquid section of the bar is good to go.

Pages: 1 2 replies