Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One Incredible Leeteg Original NUDE WoW !!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

On ebay now. ENDS TONIGHT AT 9:40pm PACIFIC!!!!!!

Full-Length totally nude...1930s B U S H very rare indeed.

I think this is a great price.

Let me know what you think.

Mahalo

LOOK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360277271469&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

[ Edited by: tikiace 2010-06-30 22:13 ]

[ Edited by: tikiace 2010-07-03 18:22 ]

[ Edited by: tikiace 2010-07-07 16:54 ]

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 1, 2010 8:09 AM

Beautiful Leeteg indeed; I'd love to be the proud owner of this piece but then on the other hand (a lucky f'cker once told me) "you buy one you must obtain another...and another"...nothing wrong with that but my God - a hell of an $investment$ required.

I'm much more stoked investing in a nude velvet painted by a tiki peep contemporary :)

Thanks for the heads up regardless of my humble opinion. G

[ Edited by: donnabeach 2010-07-03 11:51 ]

Nice piece .

T

GuLP !!!!

That is one spicy meat Leeteg.

T

Ends tonight 9:40pm pacific.

The auction says "NO RETURNS" which makes me speculate that the piece for sale might be a fake. Reputable art dealers always make their wares subject to verification and are prepared (usually insured) to make refunds if it is discovered that what they've sold is fake.

Now, I'm not stating or implying that the seller is committing fraud or misrepresenting what he has. He or she may have a genuine Leeteg. But, even if the seller genuinely believes, and has every reason to believe, that he or she has a Leeteg, there is no guarantee that it is one without documentation supporting the stated provenance. But, beyond that: Personally, I believe the seller should be prepared to make a refund if it is proven that he or she has, indeed, sold a fake.

Caveat emptor.

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: Baron von Tiki 2010-07-07 20:17 ]

T

Real !
Original !
SOLD !

Thank you TC

If you have art experience and knowledge it is relatively easy to spot a real from a fake.

P

if you have art experience? wtf?

you don't offer precedence with your high end sales?

i'm sorry, i roll really easy with stuff, but that's a dick thing to say. basically you're saying, "if you don't know your shit, too bad."

i'm not saying it's not real, but . . . come on, don't be condescending.

boooo . . .

[ Edited by: pdrake 2010-07-07 23:33 ]

On 2010-07-07 23:25, pdrake wrote:
if you have art experience? wtf?

you don't offer precedence with your high end sales?

i'm sorry, i roll really easy with stuff, but that's a dick thing to say. basically you're saying, "if you don't know your shit, too bad."

i'm not saying it's not real, but . . . come on, don't be condescending.

boooo . . .

A long time ago, I saw a PBS special on renaissance art forgeries. There's big money to be made in them and the forgers are masters at it. In the special, one former art forger actually demonstrated how a forgery was made. Then, his product was taken by the documentary people to a third-party expert to have it "authenticated."

In the end, the forgery was caught. But it wasn't because the experts knew their stuff. The forgery was visually indistinguishable from the original. The forgery was discovered because chemical analysis proved that the forger used modern machine-manufactured paints -- something that can only be seen at the microscopic level.

But, hey: If someone can authenticate a piece of art through low-res photos on eBay, without actually having the piece in front of him, more power to him. Besides, who would fake a Leeteg ?

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ Edited by: Baron von Tiki 2010-07-08 02:04 ]

T

On 2010-07-08 01:58, Baron von Tiki wrote:
Besides, who would fake a Leeteg ?

-snicker- Good point, he never said he was selling a Leetag. Similarly, who would bother faking a Rolax watch :D

Pages: 1 10 replies