Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

andys artwork

Pages: 1 11 replies

B

hey tiki chaps! :D just thought i'd start a thread to post some new work.. its been ages since i have done any drawing or painting so I thought it was time to get back into it.. anyway, here's my first, just a sketch on an A2 pad, finelined, and then finished with permanent marker, colouring pencils and some watercolour paint.. :)

excuse the poor quality photo, took it on my phone as my camera is still walkabouts. the colours are clearer on the actual piece.

'zombies served here'

close-ups

:D

B

heres some photos of my pintail longboard i built.. :)

2X 6mm birch plywood glued together and suspended with weights to create camber. the tiki heads design was woodburned on with my trusty soldering iron (took agesss).. i cheated with the design on this board, they are tattoo designs (but shhhh) i combined the three into a totem pole for the longboard..
Jessup grip tape - cut out a name for the longboard, 'Kaholo', a hibiscus motif and racing stripes.. in the photos, the bolt heads aren't visible because i put the grip tape on AFTER mounting the trucks, which was a mistake.. but i have since cut away the grip tape over the bolt heads with a dremel.
trucks are overstock used on Lush decks i picked up cheap, 9.5" hanger. they're sat on wedges.
Mindless cruisers with Enuff abec 9 bearings :D

i'm hopefully going to build a press to make the next one, so it has some concave as well as camber, and maybe a bit of kicktail aswell.. and my next one i am not going to be lazy about design, come up with something myself :P

anyway here is Kaholo, my first,..its pretty fun, nice smooth cruising :wink:

S

Sweeet!!!

B

thanks swizz :D how are you mate? hows the new big tiki coming on?

S

Good thanks Andy. Check out my thread. Just have to do the sanding to clean him up and then stain him.
Great job on the woodburning. I hope we see your own designs on the next one.:) I haven't stepped on a skateboard for years now, but I still remember the one my dad helped me make when I first started skating. I reckon if I made one now it would definitely have a Tiki on it.

B

maybe you should :D its not a hard project, i used the toothless basic method to build that one..
i will check your thread out now :)

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2010 5:49 AM

Cool zombie drawing AndyB! It reminds me of Egon Schile. Lot's of existential angst!

B

thanks zeta :D haha.. don't know about 'angst', maybe.. i was aiming for more of a thirsty impatience :P i guess 'angst' could work though.. maybe he's worried they might ID him, and he left it in his coffin.. :D

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jul 8, 2010 8:45 AM

Pretty cool, BigAndyB, rendering and concept. Please post more art soon? G

B

thanks TikiG, yeah i will.. i got a painting i'm just finishing up now :D

H

Board looks sweet =D

Z
Zeta posted on Sat, Jul 10, 2010 12:39 AM

Maybe the Zombie has "existential void"

Pages: 1 11 replies