Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Fridays @ Think Tank, Cambridge, MA - 07/09/10

Pages: 1 3 replies

Lifted this info from Jim Sullivan Ink “A Boston Arts & Events Guide...with ATTITUDE” (why the attitude?)

First event is tomorrow July 9th:

THINK TANK presents “FREAKY TIKI FRIDAYS" as an after work affair to start off your weekend, especially for all you beachcombers that won't be able to get out of the city each weekend. Music starts at 5:30. Think Tank already features a number of tropical cocktails and in addition each week we'll also feature a drink or 2 culled from the books by BeachBum Berry.

I figure it’s worth checking out at least once. Music is lounge legend DJ Brother Cleve (Combustible Edison, et al.) and if they’re faithful to the Bum’s recipes, you got no complaints.

Think Tank
1 Kendall Sq, 300 Bldg (lower level), Cambridge 617-500-3031

H

Hmmm...now this looks promising. A cursory glance at their drink menu showed "falernum","Mekhong thai rum","elderflower", etc...so they're using interesting ingredients. I particularly liked their "Zombie Para Dos" description - "rum quatro, apricot, melon, juice, bitters, stuff".

I LOVE "stuff"! :D

Thanks for the heads-up!

So I go to this place on Friday...we're in Cambridge of course so it ain't exactly the Tiki Ti but the drinks were EXCELLENT, appetizers too. Music was great, they had cool videos on the monitors (Hawaii Calls & Shindig-type stuff).
The staff was really friendly, owner came by and chatted with us a little bit. Like any new business they'd hit a couple snags before opening but were intent on making it work. Great location, nice vibe.

Less than 48 hours later I see this on the news: Torrential Rain Floods Cambridge Restaurant. Freak rainstorm and the place is wrecked; it'll be months before they're back in business.

I got nothing but sympathy for these folks. Hope they make it back OK.

H

NOOOOOO!

Man, that sucks! A few of us were hoping to go this Friday. We were so psyched about having some truly local tiki - even if it was only one night a week.

I really feel for the owner. How awful for him, after sinking his life savings into the place. Poor guy. I hope his insurance company doesn't mess him around.

I'll pass the info on to the folks on the FOM website who were following this, too, if you don't mind.

Pages: 1 3 replies