Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Information On This Trader Vic's Shell Bowl -- please :)

Pages: 1 2 replies

L

I am listing some items for sale online for a friend and was wondering if anyone has information on this Trader Vic's shell bowl.

I checked Ooga-Mooga and unless I skipped over it I could not find a listing.

Besides Psycho Tiki D who has one - does anyone else have this piece in their collection? I am trying to get an idea of where it was used and maybe value if possible.

Measures appx 8 1/2" long appx 3" deep

Mahalos for info!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-07-14 09:47 ]

leleliz,

I have tried in vain to find any information on the shell bowl. It is definitely vintage, as the small blue and silver foil "Made In Japan" sticker would indicate and I believe this was probably used at maybe one location since the one you are selling and the one I purchased came from the same collection. This would indicate to me this is probably a rarer Trader Vic's item and I have looked at menus from several locations and have yet to see this used as a vessel for any of the drinks.

It is a very nice piece...whomever gets this will be very happy!

PTD

T

Hey leleliz, like PTD said, it's a great piece! Haven't seen it used or photo'd before in a Vic's but have seen them before.
There is alot of Trader Vic marked items like these nice shells, plates, saucers, etc., that are just out there and are hard to reference.
Thanks for the pics!!

TabooDan

Pages: 1 2 replies