Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

set the controls for the heart of the rum

Pages: 1 7 replies

well if you're reading this i've finally got the nerve to press the key to launch this electronic message in a bottle into this ethereal ocean that is the internet -so aloha from this castaway at the far side of the world

as a reluctant luddite -a complete techno tard -i am a relative newcomer to the online world . once on the internet quickly found tiki central as it seemed all roads led to this tiki Rome- every web site i liked seemed to link to these pages . i liked tiki before i had a name for it -i'd even thrifted some tiki mugs not knowing about tiki restaurants and wonder what they were used for -but they fitted my taste for retro exotica .thanks to his teutonic majesty sven and the sacred text the book of tiki which i found in a bookshop in a suburban australian shopping mall - for giving me much illumination on the primarily american poly pop phenomena -

if there was a ven diagram of my interests tiki would be at the center of the interlocking circles .. it links to most of my interests - mid century americana, elvis, hawaiiana, modernism primitive art, cubism, googie, picasso, exotica, lounge, beatniks, 60s surf...you get the gist, all the usual suspects for most people here

i'm an artist and my work reflects many themes of interest to tiki centralites so i will post tiki related stuff as ''art from the jungle room'' as a nod to my love of elvis, witco and my tiki exotica themed lounge / studio which overlooks my lush green backyard -where some see an unkempt overgrown garden- i see a jungle

i'll post my art in the tiki gallery and hopefully some work progress in the other crafts section

hope ya dig !

S

Nice work. Where abouts in OZ are you?

Hmmm - spelling, punctuation, capitalization, vocabulary, and the ability to compose a sentence - you're not going to fit in very well around here! :lol:

Just kidding! Welcome to Tiki Central :)

Ta Swizzle ,I live in Adelaide glad to know theres some Australians about

and thanks for the welcome mad dog

TM

Now you just need KoopKooper's podcast as your backdrop! (he is also from Australia)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27451&forum=11&158

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Jul 14, 2010 9:20 AM

Sub-zero.

I am a Luddite too!
Everything you said above I relate too... Do you want to be my friend?
Tiki Central is something else! I don't remember how I found it exactly... You are going to learn and enjoy... (hope you share in a proportional way! :wink: ) I bet you been lurking the site for years... rambling...ramblings...
Welcome aboard mate!

P.S. Do you want to trade some drawings with me?

thanks Lucas v- i was intrigued by your name [ sounded like a cool stage name-]so i googled it and i was right -just had a listen to some of your sounds -i love samba and bossa nova - tres cool jet-age exotic sounds -real smooth...

...and speaking of things groovy and latin- i'd be honored to have you as a friend Zeta - muchos gracious for your kind words

yes i pretend i dont care for technology but truth be told technology hates me-the first draft of this post just disappeared into the ether- after all my painstaking one fingered typing

HAPPY to trade some art -are you an artist yourself?

[ Edited by: art from the Jungle room 2010-07-16 06:50 ]

T

art: great painting! I'd like to see some more of your work. Do you have a gallery online somewhere? Please post some and welcome to TC.

Pages: 1 7 replies