Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Aloha Tiki Kama`aina!

Pages: 1 0 replies

Aloha kakahiaka to all the tiki afficionados/artists on the site! I was guided to this fine site by Rumshaker during a recent visit to Frankie's in Vegas, and I have to say that I'm floored by the many very talented, creative, and crazy folks here! (I was also floored by the Three Rum Scum at Frankie's, but that's a story for a different time...)

I have a 7 year old bar in the back yard which was originally designed in a Carribean style, inspired by a place called the Boat House in Barbados my wife and I visited about 8 years ago. The bar never really felt right, so we are in the process of remodeling/rebuilding it tiki-style. All of you have provided so much inspiration already and I hope that with that inspiration, a little creativity, and a bit of cash, I can create something that my family and friends can enjoy for years to come.

I might post some pictures of the bar in its past and present state for a point of reference, as well as some preliminary concepts for the new space. I would humbly welcome and appreciate any input, design ideas, and construction tips you feel like passing my way.

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 0 replies