Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Swamp Zombie cocktail

Pages: 1 6 replies

A

Made up this cocktail for the first time this evening. It's light and refreshing. And after only one I'm having trouble typing.

Swamp Zombie

Juice of ½ Lime
Leaves from 2 sprigs Mint
1/3 oz Sugar Syrup
½ oz. Grapefruit Juice
½ oz Falernum
1½ oz. Light Puerto Rican Rum
1½ oz. Light Cachaça
¾ oz Melon Liqueur
1 dash Angostura Bitters
6 drops Herbsaint

Put ingredients into blender with 4 oz crushed ice. Blend at high speed for 10 seconds. Pour into glass and garnish with mint sprig.

Sounds yummy!

Why the Melon? So many of the other flavors are strong enough to crush the Melon flavor. Or do you have some secret Melon liquor that actually tastes like something? All I have is Midori.

R

Why the Melon?

If I had to guess, for the neon green color. The cocktail seems to include a bunch of green liqueurs, presumably as much for making it look like its namesake as for any of the flavors.

A

Melon liqueur (I have Midori as well) seems like a nice flavor for summer. Yes, I had originally wanted it for the color, but it adds a nice subtle flavor. You may want to increase the amount. Some cocktails I've had with Midori seem to over do it.

I'll make a couple tonight and play with the measure of Midori.

And, yes, too much Midori and it can suck really quickly, too little and you have to wonder why bother.

A

Did you get around to making some? I was curious your impression and if you had any alteration suggestions.

A

Swamp Zombie

Pages: 1 6 replies