Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Savage Kannibal lookin' Kreepy tiki over 6 FT pole !!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey first off happy mothers day!! if yer a moms or has one.hope today is full of tikiness for youz .I got a pic of a giant tiki I will try to auction off this week the catch is it's too bulky to ship and will prefer someone to come get em, or arrange shipping themselves if it doesnt sell you will probably see em at the Hukilau.has anyone Here ever shipped anything way over the weight limit with UPS or any of the other big names? let me know what ya thinks.Jaksin

L

Once again, great work! I recently got a large item shipped by Greyhound. It wasn't this large but much more inexpensive than USPS, UPS and Fed Ex. You have to pick the item up at the nearest station but it dosen't get handled as much as with the shipping companies and often faster too! I was very happy dealing with them and since I buy some large and fragile things on ebay, will try to have them shipped this way more. It's worth a call. Good luck, Laney

thanks for the info I will def. check em out.

Real cool piece.

thanks alot guys I listed it on ebay yesterday hopefully somebody will get em...they gotta arrange shipping though..

Guys around the lakes have had 8'+ longboards shipped on Amtrack for a fair price... have to drop them off and pick them up at stations though...

Some smaller freight haulers may be reasonable... RPS isn't too bad... had a surfboard shipped by them once...

Great work on the tiki... love 'em 5 foot and bigger!

How heavy is he?

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2003-05-21 22:45 ]

thanks, for the info ,and props L Surfer.this Tiki does weigh a good amount .definately over 250 lbs ,and it is close to completely dry .I've carved hundreds of palmwood tikis, and some of the palmwood 3 footers that we dont sell quickly, tend to get to the point that you can literally pick them up with one hand after a while .this guy has lightened up a bit but still very heavy when he was first finished it weighed over 350 lbs!! I needed all the help I could find to move him around ,one time he started to fall foward and trying to catch em,I nearly was stabbed by one of those "un-patented" Kreepy tiki Teeth (Irony).and made it out with only a minor scratch across ma belly..he isup on ebay now maybe some local will come pick em up, or if anyone here wants em and can pick em up at the Hukilau I will Take em out there.
Tanks, Jaksin

Sweeet, but already outta my budget.will have to get one of these although a bit smaller from you whenevr Im down youre way.

Pages: 1 7 replies