Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 7-21-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 2 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: July 21, 2010

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr/live.htm

1. “Flower Humming” By the Waitiki 7 from their latest CD: New Sounds of Exotica

2. “Wahine Ilikea” by Mango from the CD: Hapa Haole Hulas [Classic tune by Dennis Kamakahi]

3. “Haole Hula” Raiatea with Vocal by Keali’I Reichel from the CD: Sweet & Lovely

4. “Hanohano 'O Maui” by Keali’I Reichel from his two-CD set: Collection One – Kamahiwa

5. “Pagan Lust” by Don Tiki from their latest CD: South of the Boudoir

6. “Bali Hai-ball” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra/Swingin’ Sounds for the Jungle Jetset!

7. “Humuhumunukunuku Opera'a” by the Wiki Waki Woo from their CD: Souvenirs, performed live at Hanauma Bay for Fish Aid

8. “Bongo Rock” from the CD: Bongo Rock – The Very Best of Preston Epps

9. “Chinese Surffer” by Kava Kon from their CD: Tiki for the Atomic Age

10. “Aonori” by the Tiki Tiki Bamboooos from their CD: Where Is Your Secret Spot

11. “Tailspin” by Los Straitjackets from the CD anthology: Surf Guitar Greats – One Dozen Surf-Rock Instrumentals

12. “Honey Rock” by Barney Kessel from the CD collection: Tease – The Beat of Burlesque

13. “Bedlam” by The Belairs from the CD: Lost Legends of Surf Guitar, Volume 4, Shockwave!

14. “Ua Like No A Like” by Bob Brozman on Steel Guitar and Ledward Kaapana on Slack Key Guitar from their CD: Kika Kila Meets K Ho’alu

Dr. Zarkov, why aren't you listed in the radio station's list of radio shows? You are on the schedule, but not on the list?

I don't know. I have a listing in the new hard-copy (printed version) catalog of shows, and a couple of weeks ago I recorded a promo for other WEBR DJs to play on their shows. I will get after them to include my show show in the listing. Thanks for the catch.

UPDATE: I sent an email to the program manager and she replied that my show will be included in the listing in a couple of weeks. Right now they are in the midst of a complete overhaul of the website.

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2010-07-24 15:13 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies