Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Del Noah Trio / the Pivot Foots Lakewood CA Sat 7/31

Pages: 1 1 replies

C

This is Brent, Caltiki of Ding Dong Devils, mentioning that this Saturday 7/31 in Lakewood, CA, there will be a rare show by two of my old bands who play only once in a great while.

The Pivot Foots (a weird hybrid of rock, punk, rockabilly, country, jazz, pop and other things) have no Tiki content.

Del Noah Trio, however, is the three-piece version of Del Noah and the Mr. Ararat Finks (same 3 guys as the Pivot Foots, in fact). It's a vocal/instro hot rod/surf band (we did a single on Dionysus in the 90's, and a CD and were on a number of comps including the Del Fi Mancini tribute Shots in the Dark), but we have a few songs that fit into an exotica vein and which we'll probably play Saturday, including Re-Satch-a-Go-Go and Danger Island (Uh-oh Chongo). (We also did a pure Denny/Lyman number called The Enchanted Dragstrip, with drag racing PA sounds filling in for bird calls, but that was a strictly album cut that will never be played live--though perhaps we could convince the Tikiyaki Orchestra to cover it!).

Anyway, here are the details:

The Pivot Foots and Del Noah Trio
Blue Dog Tavern
4111 Viking Way
Long Beach, CA 90808
562-429-8935

I don't know what time the first set will be (I'm guessing 9pm). I'm also pretty sure there is no cover.

I don't know which "band" will play first (we may decide that later this week after a few
(right next to Cirivellos, for people who know where that is but not the Blue Dog)

D'oh,
I misread or didn't read the date.
I have plans all ready.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-07-26 13:33 ]

Pages: 1 1 replies